January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you talk of promotion, I think that, instead of comparing us to mediocre championship sides, we should be looking as to whether we have even the beginnings of a team that could cope in the Premiership. Newcastle and WBA are in this division because they weren't able so to do and yet, we are trying to gain promotion, whilst accepting that such teams are too good for us!

Getting into the Premiership via the back door will lead to tears before bedtime: any player with quality will be lured away to other Premiership strugglers whilst we will sign over rated players on exaggerated wages. After the inevitable tumble back to the Championship, financial difficulties will follow as certainly as day follows night.

Making a Premiership team is not something that can be done overnight.

Birmingham looked certain to be relegated this season but look like achieving a mid-table finish.

I'd always take the gamble!

Birmingham looked certain to be relegated this season but look like achieving a mid-table finish.

I'd always take the gamble!

Strange, because I would site B'ham as a proof of my case: they originally went up and down a few times - and were lucky not to outstay their parachute payments in the champ.

This time, whilst I agree that they were my favourites for the drop, they had the basis of their team in place: would you honestly suggest that something similar could be said of us?

... they had the basis of their team in place: would you honestly suggest that something similar could be said of us?

No.
But what chance do we have of getting our 'team in place' without Premiership money?

he started 2 games for Leeds and came on as sub in 10 games, surly if he was doing that well he would have started more games.

Fair enough, most of his apearances were as sub, but he seemed to have an impact when he did come on from all accounts. Ii just think he might do the same for us and give us a bit of energy, give the opposition someyhing else to think about, thereby creating space and opportunities for Fryatt, Howard, Waghorn etc.

Quality, PREMIERSHIP QUALITY.

I can assure you now that having him at the back will be like a dream after recent performances from certain defenders.

Your dead right! Lets hope it goes ahead.

I accept the view that Taylor is a quality central defender; however, I do not recall anyone saying that the player we needed most urgently was a central defender.
A team is as strong as its weakest link and surely, we need to look at the full backs and midfield first. :102:

I accept the view that Taylor is a quality central defender; however, I do not recall anyone saying that the player we needed most urgently was a central defender.
A team is as strong as its weakest link and surely, we need to look at the full backs and midfield first. :102:

I presume Berner will be back from injury shortly, plus another centre back would free up Morrison to be a full time right back. Not ideal, but better than Neilson in the short term.

The midfield may well be looked at, whether we can find someone better than we already have on the cheap is another story.

I presume Berner will be back from injury shortly, plus another centre back would free up Morrison to be a full time right back. Not ideal, but better than Neilson in the short term.

The midfield may well be looked at, whether we can find someone better than we already have on the cheap is another story.

By all accounts, Taylor is just as comfortable at right-back.

I thought Gradel was due back this week. Would like to see him given a run after doing well at Leeds.

he started 2 games for Leeds and came on as sub in 10 games, surly if he was doing that well he would have started more games.

Well he can't have done that badly for them or talks wouldn't still be ongoing to get him back at Leeds until at least the end of the season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5871354,00.html

Same, although there are plenty of other right backs to be had on loan I'm sure. Having said that, I have a feeling that Nige won't be making any movements this month.

He needs some cod liver oil quickly (and to stay off the eggs)

we need a right back, nielsen is gash and Morrisson is a better centre back.
Berner is our best left back - which suggests we also need a left back.
Brown stops us fulfilling our potential due to his poor passing: So we need Tunchev fit or a new centre back.
Pearson doesn't have a right winger that he trusts - so we're short a right winger.
Pearson wishes that Howard/Gallagher/Waghorn/Kermorgant were all actually ONE player, namely a mobile target man with good feet and a neat finish. Unfortunately they are all weak where the other is strong, hence the reason they are constantly rolling subs for one another. So we need a STRIKER.

we need a right back, nielsen is gash and Morrisson is a better centre back.
Berner is our best left back - which suggests we also need a left back.
Brown stops us fulfilling our potential due to his poor passing: So we need Tunchev fit or a new centre back.
Pearson doesn't have a right winger that he trusts - so we're short a right winger.
Pearson wishes that Howard/Gallagher/Waghorn/Kermorgant were all actually ONE player, namely a mobile target man with good feet and a neat finish. Unfortunately they are all weak where the other is strong, hence the reason they are constantly rolling subs for one another. So we need a STRIKER.

So, in summary, we basically need to bring in an entire new team.
Sort it out Pearson, you cabbage!

Well according to Pearson's interview after the Swansea game, we just have to wait while Kermorgant gets used to the English game, and then we'll have two decent strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669