Jay Spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be every bit as good a loan deal as Mark Davies was IMO.

If Jay can impact this season half as much as Cleverley or Davies impacted last, then it will be a fantastic bit of business (assuming it happens).

What's the latest on this? Is he in?

After watching Spearing vs Leeds at Ellend Road i think he was the best of the current Liverpool Reserves. Abit more of a holding midfielder unlike davies or cleverley. In my view he would only be on the bench at the moment because i feel King Oakley And Wellens have done nothing wrong while playing.

Spearing would be useful to have to bring on if any of the midfield three under perform during a game to mix it up a bit, or if we pick up knocks, which we possibly will. Good signing for me if it happens

I have been banging on all season about the need for more steel in the middle. It sounds, from what you chaps and t'internet tell me, that this lad will provide exactly that.

I have been sceptical about our chances of getting promotion but, after the last few performances (albeit in a curate's egg fashion) and this signing, I am beginning to believe that we really can do it.

Cue a collapse in form and lower mid-table finish!

I have been sceptical about our chances of getting promotion but, after the last few performances (albeit in a curate's egg fashion) and this signing, I am beginning to believe that we really can do it.

Fourth in the Championship with a game in hand is hardly curate's egg

You're right, Macky :038: The phrase is being distorted from it's original meaning which is never heard now. It's taken to mean simply good in parts and bad in others rather than the whole 'egg' spoilt as a result.

I was using the term in its modern format to take into account the likes of the falling away in the second half on Sunday which, did not increase my conviction.

I would most certainly not decry the valour of our season - particularly considering that we have been without our best defender for almost the entire period and have now lost our main striker too. I wonder how many teams could take two such blows in their season (Not Liverpool, for one).

I was using the term in its modern format

What?!?! There's a new version? Why can't these kids leave things alone?

It doesn't matter how many good parts there are, it's still a curate's egg. i.e. Something is still shit overall, despite some elements being good.

What a shit attempt at being controversial. If you'd understood the point of my post it was that I don't really know anything about Jay Spearing, apart from that, and I mentioned it. I wasn't saying he was shit at all, but I'm not going to say hes a brilliant signing when i've never seen the lad play, I'll wait until I see him pull on a blue shirt (if that happens)

I wasn't attempting to be controversial and I did understand what you were saying. I was using your comment, possibly unfairly, as a vehicle to illustrate some of the ridiculous opinions that people form based on never really having seen a player......ah bugger it, stop being so touchy (only joking) . If I have offended, I apologise mate.

I wasn't attempting to be controversial and I did understand what you were saying. I was using your comment, possibly unfairly, as a vehicle to illustrate some of the ridiculous opinions that people form based on never really having seen a player......ah bugger it, stop being so touchy (only joking) . If I have offended, I apologise mate.

If you smoked a joint, you'd be High and Mighty Fox.
Maybe that's what happened and then drummin thought you were being all high and mighty about it.
Just sayin like

Jay coming in has another side effect The end of Steven Clemence's career. I think most of us thought this and what with the "word" given by that insider saying he just can't hack it in a game format rather than in training.

So I think it's bye bye Clemo and hopefully Jay will do a better job than the last Spearing to play for City -Tony Spearing who is currently Head of European recruitment for West Bromwich Albion according to Wiki. And certainly more goals than Tony. Anyone remember his only goal for City?

No need to apologise, just a misunderstanding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669