Speculation Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that train departed the platform when Mandaric arrived.

It's currently heading towards a broken bridge, laden with TNT and with the tortured soul of football tied to the tracks.
Lock up the gin.

Leicester Mercury chief reporter; Rob Tanner says there could be something in this.

Which means it's probably shite.

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News
Sky Sources: Leicester make formal bid to Everton for Jermaine Beckford.
I don't see this working as I think he's already peaked. And you'll need to have him on mega money to play for you which is likely to be a disincentive at his age.
That said. His goal average for filthy Leeds was pretty good. But so was Fryatt's in the turd division.
So to summarise, meh.

I don't see this working as I think he's already peaked. And you'll need to have him on mega money to play for you which is likely to be a disincentive at his age.
That said. His goal average for filthy Leeds was pretty good. But so was Fryatt's in the turd division.
So to summarise, meh.

I don't think this is too complicated. Beckford is a proven goal scorer - probably not good enough for the highest level but would be a useful addition to what we have. Fryatt is a proven goal scorer - probably not good enough for the highest level. The only difference is that we would need to pay more in a transfer fee and much higher wages for Beckford than the transfer fee we received and the wages we paid to Fryatt.

So to summarise, meh.

I don't think this is too complicated. Beckford is a proven goal scorer - probably not good enough for the highest level but would be a useful addition to what we have. Fryatt is a proven goal scorer - probably not good enough for the highest level. The only difference is that we would need to pay more in a transfer fee and much higher wages for Beckford than the transfer fee we received and the wages we paid to Fryatt.

He got 10 in a very average Everton team last year with limited appearances. I'd be more than happy with this, even though his is a mardy git.

Good enough for this league

Sooner us go for somebody better on loan - but what will be, will be

He got 10 in a very average Everton team last year with limited appearances. I'd be more than happy with this, even though his is a mardy git.

Precisely. 10 goals in an Everton team that isn't exactly known for it's attacking threat, and where I think he wasn't first choice for a lot of the season anyway. Would be a good signing - but I can't see Everton letting him go.

Bring back the Yak.

Everything I seen him do in an Everton shirt last year said otherwise to me, I get the feeling his attitude at Leeds was largely inspired by their support.

Bit like us and Campbell.

I'd more than welcome the signing but I can't see it unless Moyes has a striker lined up to replace him. Would be very nice to see that 4th Official Twitter bloke look a ****.

Precisely. 10 goals in an Everton team that isn't exactly known for it's attacking threat, and where I think he wasn't first choice for a lot of the season anyway. Would be a good signing - but I can't see Everton letting him go.

Bring back the Yak.
How many were penalties?

Everything I seen him do in an Everton shirt last year said otherwise to me, I get the feeling his attitude at Leeds was largely inspired by their support.

Bit like us and Campbell.

I'd more than welcome the signing but I can't see it unless Moyes has a striker lined up to replace him. Would be very nice to see that 4th Official Twitter bloke look a ****.

I agree can't see it happening, they're short on strikers as it is.

I don't know what some people on here have against fourth official though.

I don't know, or care? Goals are goals. If you start discounting penalties you may as well discount freekicks as well.

Any player should be able to score penalties so they're not a good way to judge how good a striker he is.

Lots of defenders take penalties and end up with a decent goals total at the end of the season but you wouldn't use that as a reason to play them up front.

I just can't see this happening. Why would Everton consider selling him? And why would Beckford move?

I just want the saga put to bed and a striker in at this point...but I doubt it will be this fella.

I'd take him. £3m is probably over the odds but if we are going to get a decent quality striker in we probably will have to pay over the odds for them. It's either that or we take a gamble on an unproven league 1/2 goalscorer like Le Fondre, or of course make do with a free agent who is most likely past it.

I see @Fourth_Official as gone from 'Beckford to LCFC is a total non starter, will not move to LCFC' to 'Beckford to Leicester could happen if they come back with a bigger bid' :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669