Speculation Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much is the bid for Beckford? I have heard three million we won't get him for that more like six, plus good wages, Everton and him might be tempted.

How much is the bid for Beckford? I have heard three million we won't get him for that more like six, plus good wages, Everton and him might be tempted.

Your are correct. The figure being mentioned is that of around £3m. There could be add-ons plus other amounts to make this more money. We'll never know.

Have you asked Bert? He knows everything, i'm sure he'll tell you.

I'm really surprised we've gone for him. Other strikers we have been linked with have been out of favour at a prem club, or someone in our division who on paper should see moving to us a good career move.

I genuinely believe Beckford will be heavily involved in Everton's team this season, and it will take a lot more than £2.5m-£3m to get them to sell, and then you've got to get the player to agree.

His agent could have put the feelers out though....?

You don't get if you don't try! Combined with some of the other targets atleast it shows we are looking at the right calibre of player.

Beckford could be the missing piece to our puzzle, but, as others have said, I do think that Everton would want a few million more than 3 for him. Great piece of business if it comes off, though.

I can't be bothered to trawl through his thread but why would Everton sell Beckford to us over Yakubu, both of whome are be touted at similar amounts?

I can't be bothered to trawl through his thread but why would Everton sell Beckford to us over Yakubu, both of whome are be touted at similar amounts?

I thought the problem with Yakubu was that he still thought he was worth £50,000 a week in the Championship. Surely Beckford is not on the same silly wages is he?

Would be amazing, will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670