Joe_Fox asks the Forum: Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

New idea for the new year:

Are you allowed to change who is your goalkeeper mid-match?

This is a fantastic question I think. I'm not talking substitutions, I'm talking tactic change. You can change your striker, midfielder, winger or defender without asking permission from the referee so why not goalkeepers???

I would use this in a very clever and extremely lucrative way. I would design a kit that had a function in-built that allowed a rapid change into looking similar to the goalkeepers kit and vice versa so that if the goalkeeper dives for the ball and misses it then a player on the line can 'swap' kits and use his hands while the old 'goalie' does the opposite and pretends to be the outfielder player.

If the players got really good at 'swapping' kits then we could potentially throw the ball around in our penalty area. This would confuse the oppostion so much that they would each become morally sick and eventually the opposition will crumble under extreme nausea enabling us to grab 3 points from most matches.

What do you reckon??? I'll give Craig Levein a call to see what he says.

Somehow I think there maybe a rule against that!
That's a daft idea..it's pro football not playground football!

Great idea, I think if we coupled this with some form of technology that alter the pitch dimension at the touch of a button we could be on to a winner. Pitches can vary in size, so why not mid match??

Jordan Stewart could carry the button and suddenly upon the press of a button the pitch gets 10 metres longer or shorter or wider or slimmer.

Imagine the possibilites, scowcroft, 10 yards from goal (quick press of button) - GOALLLLLL!!!!!!!

Were on to something here Joe - it could well be the future.

A fantastic response, thanks lads! That's made my day. I feel that I have opened up a whole new can of worms here. Standby.

Remote control football..who ever wins the toss gets control fo the half and the other team has to stop it.
No hang on I'm just being silly!

Also howabout making it so we can decide when the game will end, that way we dont have to watch the last 10 minutes with hearts in mouths

If we had this function last season wed probably be in Europe!!!

Right as it is silly season, why not have a lottery before the game and the 11 winners get remote controls for each player, it would be life size fifa2005, if you do not like your player make a profile of yourself and use that.

Christ this first day at work has taken it's toll I need to go home :D

Joe_Fox said:
New idea for the new year:

Are you allowed to change who is your goalkeeper mid-match?

This is a fantastic question I think. I'm not talking substitutions, I'm talking tactic change. You can change your striker, midfielder, winger or defender without asking permission from the referee so why not goalkeepers???

I would use this in a very clever and extremely lucrative way. I would design a kit that had a function in-built that allowed a rapid change into looking similar to the goalkeepers kit and vice versa so that if the goalkeeper dives for the ball and misses it then a player on the line can 'swap' kits and use his hands while the old 'goalie' does the opposite and pretends to be the outfielder player.

If the players got really good at 'swapping' kits then we could potentially throw the ball around in our penalty area. This would confuse the oppostion so much that they would each become morally sick and eventually the opposition will crumble under extreme nausea enabling us to grab 3 points from most matches.

What do you reckon??? I'll give Craig Levein a call to see what he says.

DRUGS....keep taking them mate!!

Naughty Fox said:
Right as it is silly season, why not have a lottery before the game and the 11 winners get remote controls for each player, it would be life size fifa2005, if you do not like your player make a profile of yourself and use that.

Christ this first day at work has taken it's toll I need to go home :D

Yeah all good but lets make it Pro Evo 4 rather than Fifa.

Also, is it against the rules for a player to give another player a piggy-back in the wall? That way no-one would be able to bend a free-kick round the wall if it was double tiered!!

Who-Izzet said:
I've only had 2 beers & I'm lost again!

2 beers ...... :roll:

This is an interesting idea from an interesting person, i look forward to hearing more from this guy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669