Joey Gudjonson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good buy, looked class at villa, didnt see him last year, but should be a decent player for us.

homer said:
And the other player is ..............??

Just heard down the grapevine it could be Sven after next week, hes coming as a coach, instead of a relegation clause in his contract, he has one insisting Leicesters Secretary is quote 'Very Fit, ya' and preferably 'Up for it'.

Not sure about signing a Wolves reject :? :? and Nalis will be quality in the fizzy. :wink:

Come on Marcus.

We offer you the chance to cement your place as king of transfer gossip, and never more be doubted

Who is the other Scandinavian ??

Southern Fox said:
Steven said:
...and Nalis will be quality in the fizzy. :wink:

erm................... :shock:

Nalis will be class, he showed gimpses of it last season and with all the problems he had off the pitch, that was pretty decent. Quality fizzy league player!

Joey Gudjonsson is just what we needed though, a defensive midfielder with a bit of bite! Cracking!

well done all those in the know!! a great signing,but i wonder where this leaves the carsley deal...if there ever was one! are nt they similar position/type players to each other...it seems mickys turned round the despair we all had a month ago,cant wait to roll west ham now,woz

woznotwos said:
well done all those in the know!! a great signing,but i wonder where this leaves the carsley deal...if there ever was one! are nt they similar position/type players to each other...it seems mickys turned round the despair we all had a month ago,cant wait to roll west ham now,woz

Well, this still only leaves us with 3 central midfielders, so we could still do with at least one more really, so if there is a Carlsey deal (or anyone else), I doubt this would kill it.

Don't really know much about him, but for Betis to have paid £3m for him a couple of years ago he can't be too bad, and at leat it's another player that can play in that position :)

Well done to Durham and MB. Any news on the other player? I know Marcus won't say anymore than he's Scandinavian, but do you know anything Durham?

legalfox said:
really interesting to see what Villa fans made of Joey when he played for them:

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-104757.html

Looks like we have got ourselves a quality buy! :D :D :D

One of the messages there said

"Chelsea Fail In Bid To Sign Villa's Gudjonsson
Latest News | News Archive

06/20/2003. Real Betis have confirmed that Chelsea have failed in a bid to sign Icelandic midfielder Joey Gudjonsson.

Gudjonsson spend the second half of last season on loan at Aston Villa, who have not yet decided if they will try and sign the 22-year-old permanently.

"Chelsea were strong candidates for the player but they failed to complete the transfer," revealed Betis' president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera.

"I know Claudio Ranieri well and he's told me how disappointed he is with this outcome." "

That was last summer! Did they have Roman's billions by the 20th June? I'm not sure if they did, but either way for Chelsea to have been interested in him then, he can't be too bad :)

Graz said:
woznotwos said:

Well, this still only leaves us with 3 central midfielders, so we could still do with at least one more really, so if there is a Carlsey deal (or anyone else), I doubt this would kill it.

Don't really know much about him, but for Betis to have paid £3m for him a couple of years ago he can't be too bad, and at leat it's another player that can play in that position :)

Well done to Durham and MB. Any news on the other player? I know Marcus won't say anymore than he's Scandinavian, but do you know anything Durham?

Sorry chap, I dont.

"tough-tackling midfielder who scored two goals in 11 games for Villa and was sent-off in the hot-tempered Birmingham derby."

i like him already

tiatto and gudjonsson in midfeld for f*r*st, d*rby and c*v

:twisted:

I am over the moon about this signing, excellent!! :D :p

He looks a bit hot headed, as long as he can control himself we will have a cracking player on our hands. :twisted:

He looked class at villa, not sure how he did at wolves. but in this divison he will be wicked.

Premiership here we come!!!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265