Joey leaving soon?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunc

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=352387&CPID=9&clid=&lid=4&title=AZ+close+on+Gudjonsson

AZ Alkmaar are close to agreeing terms with Leicester City midfielder Joey Gudjonsson, according to reports in Holland.

The Icelandic midfielder, formerly of Aston Villa, Real Betis and Wolves, is out of contract in the summer and is available on a free transfer.

Gudjonsson has also spoken to Dutch rivals PSV Eindhoven, but after a meeting with AZ coach Louis van Gaal he is believed to prefer a switch to Alkmaarder Hout.

The 25-year-old played his football in the Eredivisie with RKC Waalwijk prior to his €3.65 million (£2.5 million) switch to Real Betis.

Meanwhile, AZ midfielder Danny Mathijssen could be set for a loan move after failing to secure regular football with the side.

The 21-year-old, a free transfer signing from Willem II last summer, is seeking a temporary switch in order to boost his match fitness.

RKC Waalwijk and NAC Breda have already been mentioned as possible suitors although no deal between the clubs has been struck.

Other candidates available are Adil Ramzi and Haris Medunjanin. Ramzi is not part of van Gaal's plans while Medunjanin is currently down the pecking order.

Last edited:
:icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Why why why!!!?

highland fox said:
Can't blame him,they are a decent side.Not irreplacable IMO.

Lets just hope that Kisnorbo isn't the replacement.

But he has scored lots of our goals this season and is maybe on for player of the season.

Would be gutting, but he only really started playing this season, when his contract was in its final year.

Dissapointing really. Lets just hope that kiss your nobbo isn't his firm replacement.

DurhamFox said:
No great loss IMO.

WHAT !!!! are you having a laugh ? Joey has been our most consistant performer this season, we would miss him dreadfully.

well like levein said, he's played a lot of games and we've still not won many of them so maybe it will be a good thing if he goes.

mad biker said:
WHAT !!!! are you having a laugh ? Joey has been our most consistant performer this season, we would miss him dreadfully.

He has been good, no denying it. However it isnt the end of the world. He was indifferent last season and is replacable.

why would he go on a free? Couldnt we sell him for some cash?

That report doesn't say when he's leaving - hopefully he's doing a deal now (which he's allowed to do), to move there at the end of his contract in the summer, rather than going during the transfer window. If he does go now I'd expect some kind of fee for him.

well tats made me very unhappy.... clarly our best player and were letting him go, yeh were gona get out the relegation that way... angry angry angry

grrrrrrrrr we now need to sign a new mid, def and i would like an experianced player on loan from the prem that can sort us out...

not a happy bunny

haz

glover7 said:
well tats made me very unhappy.... clarly our best player and were letting him go, yeh were gona get out the relegation that way... angry angry angry

There's nothing in the report to say he's leaving us before his contract is up in the summer, why are people assuming we're allowing him to leave?

He is a free agent in the summer, there is nothing we can do about it if he wants to go. He can't leave until the summer though anyway.

MB, was I dreaming it or did you say that the club are currently discussing new terms with Joey?

He may decide to go, but I would at least like assurances that the club are making efforts to keep hold of him.:icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566