Joey leaving soon?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
Doesn't matter how much someone offers, if Joey has already decided which club he wants to play for an offer from another club will be irrelevant.

I think if he went now we'd be doing very well if we got six figures for him - but it all depends on the other club's situation. If they think he's going to make the difference to their season he may be worth more to them.

It's similar to the situation we had last season with Maybury and de Vries coming in, we got them in January for next to nothing because they'd have been able to move for nothing at the end of the season.

Can't see any Dutch club wanting to pay serious money for a player out of contract at the end of the season. Not how it tends to work these days.

Looks to me like he wants to move on and we have to live with it.

would be a shame if he left, has been one of our best players this season and i was of the opinion that we still had more to see from him.
all these people talking about a 'williams deal' being shelved - i was never aware that there was anything more than speculation he might be off - was something more definite on the horizon?

dpjfox said:
We must try and keep Joey, our best player this year by a mile!!..would be a massive loss
Weso, I believe is a more defensive midfielder (and unproven) so therefore not a direct replacement
If he does go we will need a replacement to bump up the numbers to cover injuries/suspensions.
We cant afford any gambles in our position.

If he has decided he wants to play in Holland again I dont think there is much we can do about it tbh.

Whilst I agree that Joey has been one of our more consistent performers this season, if this report is true then IMO the club should attempt to broker a deal with the club in question for Joey to move on now for a small fee, we can ill afford to carry a player, in the midst of a relegation battle, who has already agreed his next contract with another club, if we keep Joey to the end of the season, I will guarentee his performance level will drop remarkably over the next 4 months.

Joey will be protecting himself in matches, he isnt going to run the risk of injuring himself and scuppering his move, his motivation for keeping Leicester in this division will wane, at the end of the day he isnt going to be here come June 2006.

Also as previously stated Joey was average at best last season, this season he has done well but you have to question whether his motivation has been to secure his next lucrative contract. IMO the club will survive and if he has signed a pre contract then we should contact that club and try to set up a deal from now, and replace him with somebody who will have a commitment to the club.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Whilst I agree that Joey has been one of our more consistent performers this season, if this report is true then IMO the club should attempt to broker a deal with the club in question for Joey to move on now for a small fee, we can ill afford to carry a player, in the midst of a relegation battle, who has already agreed his next contract with another club, if we keep Joey to the end of the season, I will guarentee his performance level will drop remarkably over the next 4 months.

Joey will be protecting himself in matches, he isnt going to run the risk of injuring himself and scuppering his move, his motivation for keeping Leicester in this division will wane, at the end of the day he isnt going to be here come June 2006.

Also as previously stated Joey was average at best last season, this season he has done well but you have to question whether his motivation has been to secure his next lucrative contract. IMO the club will survive and if he has signed a pre contract then we should contact that club and try to set up a deal from now, and replace him with somebody who will have a commitment to the club.

i agree with you there it would be best for eveyone ,just hope he dont go though ,he's held us together most of this season

drummindefender said:
Me seems, however, a very well player for AZ I has no idea, there will recover nice in the rondte. Doesn't hear this in the Transfergeruchten or gets each name which is launched by football area its own topic? Be possible broertje its (is correct that?) of Chelsea not also come along? Why open you for this topic whereas there in transfergeruchten extended can be spoken concerning these players? These go on lock. Even reflecting bitte. On two different spots discuss no sense has.
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr duno!

Basically the first bloke is saying that it would be a good signing. The second bloke is saying that he hasn't seen it on the 'transfer chat' site. the third bloke wonders whether they could also get his brother from Chelsea. And the fourth is asking why the first didn't put it on the 'transfer chat' site and says it's pointless having posts about it in two different places.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Thanks mate, not a bad username that !

Is there a post from a-zfox that has been deleted? If not, what is being talked about here?

Yorkshire Vixen said:
think its durhams name for pfkaktf

Sometimes I think I'm not bright enough to use this forum.

As I am from Iceland I can answer this. Joey is closing a deal with AK Azmar. I have it from Joey himself as he's been saying this to icelandic newspapers. He wants to play for a club in the highest division in the country.

I think it's a wrong choice but yeah...

utfcv said:
Joey is closing a deal with AK Azmar.

AZ Alkmaar fans will be very disappointed.

bocadillo said:
AZ Alkmaar fans will be very disappointed.

Until is contract is running out and he'll play well.

Babylon said:
Until is contract is running out and he'll play well.

whoooooosh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570