John Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of press conf was not set at 1pm, just around that time.
And in the grand scheme of things, ie 2008 years if you take into account when recordings actually began, then being a week or two out with the timing can still be classed as "just around that time".

If however you go back to the "big bang" theory, then so long as Gregory is announced within the next century or so, then it is still classed as "just around that time".

Another day and still no official word of the new manager our club is a laughing stock we were when we got relegated and look at us now obviously struggling to get a decent manager so we have to get some useless tart who has achieved nothing wh cant he go for someone like phil parkinson i wish he would just hurry up the transfer window opens soon and we havent even got a manager absolute joke

Another day and still no official word of the new manager our club is a laughing stock we were when we got relegated and look at us now obviously struggling to get a decent manager so we have to get some useless tart who has achieved nothing wh cant he go for someone like phil parkinson i wish he would just hurry up the transfer window opens soon and we havent even got a manager absolute joke

... and breathe.....

I can only guess one thing if Gregory is to be the new manager... And that is that MM thoroughly sick of hiring managers and players who he has had to pay huge sums to be rid of, has found in Gregory the only person who is willing to sign a contract that gives MM an option to dismiss him without compensation if promotion is not achieved in a year. It's probably a one year rolling contract. JG would be desperate enough to sign.
The press 'leak' that JG would bring Steve Walsh in is either a desperate bid from JG to boost his candidature, or, more likely, a bid from MM's to try and soften up opinion ahead of the official press release of the JG/SW 'dream ticket'. I don't see them as a dream ticket at all. The nightmare has just begun if this is all true. Expect a ten year spell in this division.

If it doesn't work they'll be sacked. why should we expect 10 years in the division.

I can only guess one thing if Gregory is to be the new manager... And that is that MM thoroughly sick of hiring managers and players who he has had to pay huge sums to be rid of, has found in Gregory the only person who is willing to sign a contract that gives MM an option to dismiss him without compensation if promotion is not achieved in a year. It's probably a one year rolling contract. JG would be desperate enough to sign.
The press 'leak' that JG would bring Steve Walsh in is either a desperate bid from JG to boost his candidature, or, more likely, a bid from MM's to try and soften up opinion ahead of the official press release of the JG/SW 'dream ticket'. I don't see them as a dream ticket at all. The nightmare has just begun if this is all true. Expect a ten year spell in this division.

Why?

If it happens to be Gregory then should he not be successful, he will be sacked in his first season. I don't where your point about ten years is coming from because with the best will in the world Gregory won't be manager and Mandaric won't be the owner in ten years time.

All that is happening is that we have confirmation that the Leicester job is no longer seen as a good stepping stone. Any one with any sense knew this before this episode kicked off. The real issue isn't about speculating and fantasising about the possible content of a hypothetical contract - its about the pain of the continuing fall out from a relegation to the marginal world of the fringes of English professional football for which sheer incompetent football management is mainly to blame.

Some of us were pointing out the danger of this happening three or four months ago and most people just didn't think that there was a serious danger. Well there was.

I find it farcical to understand how people know it won't work before the guy has walked through the door :icon_roll ...... His record isn't great, but FFS if it's him just give him a fecking crack will ya !!

I find it farcical to understand how people know it won't work before the guy has walked through the door :icon_roll ...... His record isn't great, but FFS if it's him just give him a fecking crack will ya !!
I feel for the guy already NF, once the "fans" don't like somebody, they really are screwed.

The only difference I see here is that the prejudices don't go as shallow as looks or appearance like in previous times.

If it doesn't work they'll be sacked. why should we expect 10 years in the division.

Right now we're a club that's just been relegated and we can't get a half-decent manager. Who in their right mind will want to come if we get stuck down here for a few seasons?

Spot on NF.

Too true MF, first game of the season and if JG is in charge, i'm sure they'll be some cretin's already booing.

Right now we're a club that's just been relegated and we can't get a half-decent manager. Who in their right mind will want to come if we get stuck down here for a few seasons?

There are lots of managers out there who'd love to get into the 2nd division. problem with too many people on here is that their small minds think if the manager isn't a proven Prem manager then he can't manage a team let alone a div 2 team.

There are plenty of non-league managers that could come in and do a far better job than Holloway.

Perhaps when you're in the Prem you can look for managers in the prem or in championship or abroad, when you are in League 1 who have to look at managers in other places.

Spot on :038:

If appointed get behind the man, and we move on.

Agreed Give him a chance before you shoot him down!

Maybe if he told some jokes and wrote a bbc column with some more jokes in it people would acceipt him? :102:

Yup.

Threads like this make me despair for the future of the club. Owned by an idiot, supported by the miserable, the misguided and the deluded.

Has he a BBC column?

No nor does he make several appearances on soccer am or go to bristol at vital parts of the season to make a tv programme or do match of the day when he should be training the team infact this one might concentrate on the job in hand and with a passionate leicester fan assisting him he might actualy give a shit!! But nevermind!!!

Forgive me for feeling misguided and delueded.

I guess there are a fare few supporters who really couldn't care who comes in now.

And yes even if the idiot owner appoints an idiot I will back them.

Forgive me for feeling misguided and delueded.

I guess there are a fare few supporters who really couldn't care who comes in now.

And yes even if the idiot owner appoints an idiot I will back them.

I won't. The new bloke who ever it turns out to be will have to earn my respect. Until then I will be very in different.

You get behind a manager, he does not deliver, you feel cheated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669