John Pantsil

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we wait for our OS before confirmation it will be a long wait, they seem to be the slowest authority.

if we wait for our OS before confirmation it will be a long wait, they seem to be the slowest authority.

They have updated the news today but not with a story about Pantsil. :icon_conf

To be fair, the BBC and LM seem to have based their stories on that Ghanasoccernet article, which for all we know could be a load of shite. It would be very easy for them to fake that story.

For the record though, I believe he's already signed - just playing devil's advocate.

Since then there has been a policy reformulation. Furthermore there has been a clear definition of the sources to rely on in the case of a "Confirmed Transfer". It is against this background that recent events have occurred.

I hope you have found this useful. :icon_wink :icon_bigg

A tweet from the goalkeeping coach is surely a direct quote from somebody in the club - so the Logan transfer thread would have been admissible even under what you say is a new policy.

As far as I know such threads have always had to wait for confirmation by either of the two clubs involved, either on their official site or by a statement of a spokesman of theirs in other media.

I doubt they've plucked these direct quotes from the player out of thin air.

Pantsil is quoted above as saying: ""I visited the club on Wednesday, met the coach and some of the club officials and I am very happy with what I saw."

I would be very interested to know on which Wednesday he visited the club. On the last two Wednesdays the coach has been a long way away from the club. escos may be right in labelling him a lying bastard.

Since then there has been a policy reformulation. Furthermore there has been a clear definition of the sources to rely on in the case of a "Confirmed Transfer". It is against this background that recent events have occurred.

I hope you have found this useful. :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Would it be possible for someone to post a copy of this new policy along with a list of acceptable sources for us humble forum posters

Last edited:
Would it be possible for someone to post a copy of this new policy along with a list of acceptable sources for us humble forum posters

Boc tells me it is not knew, though staff posting on Twitter (as these can be easily faked) is not a reliable source to me. :icon_wink

Please don't start confirmed transfer threads unless the news is on a reliable source - this would be the official website of either of the clubs involved, or a direct quote from someone at the club.

"Please don't start confirmed transfer threads unless the news is on a reliable source - this would be the official website of either of the clubs involved, or a direct quote from someone at the club."

So a direct quote from the player himself doesn't count?

Last edited:
"Please don't start confirmed transfer threads unless the news is on a reliable source - this would be the official website of either of the clubs involved, or a direct quote from someone at the club."

So a direct quote from the player himself doesn't count?

Unless it is confirmed it on the OS, how do I know any person is really a player for City? :102:

The new policy:

In that, while it has been Talking Balls policy to regard policy as a responsibility of Posters and administration as a responsibility of the Webmaster and Moderators, the questions of administrative policy can cause confusion between the policy of administration and the administration of policy, especially when responsibility for the administration of the policy of administration conflicts, or overlaps with, responsibility for the policy of the administration of policy.

Is that clearer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670