Joseph Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit strange to have someone on trial then only offer a 4 month contract

The close season activity has simply been inspiring. Can't wait for us to have a real crack at Division Two with the squad we're putting together.

Seems a bit strange to have someone on trial then only offer a 4 month contract

Its happened before at Grace Road - effectively he gets about 6 weeks to prove himself.

Obviously its the batting that is the biggest problem - presumably something has to be done soon because take away MacDonald, Taylor and Nixon from last season and its difficult to assess how weak that could be.

The close season activity has simply been inspiring. Can't wait for us to have a real crack at Division Two with the squad we're putting together.

I hope that was a sarcastic comment!

Losing Taylor, Mcdonald & Nixon from the worst team (by far) in the country and replacing them with ? is hardly insipring in my book.

When it comes to cricket & Leics CCC I think I'm as tolerant as most.

The other day I saw it reported as "good news" that a quartet of players including the likes of Alex Wyatt had signed extended contracts.

I always tend to factor into my thinking that Leics are seriously broke but what is going on regarding trying to at least patch up the batting line up?The club is deeeply into a self-perpetuating closed shop of coaching appointments when fresh blood is surely needed and while I'm sure that the management means well I just wonder what sort of season they have in mind for 2012?

I hope that was a sarcastic comment!

Losing Taylor, Mcdonald & Nixon from the worst team (by far) in the country and replacing them with ? is hardly insipring in my book.

Indeed, I might not be as negative about the County situation as Redditch (!) but I'm not deluded!

We're in a mess, frankly.

Indeed, I might not be as negative about the County situation as Redditch (!) but I'm not deluded!

We're in a mess, frankly.

Matter of fact I'm not that negative. Given that I'm a out of county member who attends a decent proportion of matches. How many games do you actually attend?
The issue of strength of the side isn't paramount as far as I'm concerned - the quality of the weather is the determining factor for me in turning out - and I believe that to be true of many regular supporters.

Matter of fact I'm not that negative. Given that I'm a out of county member who attends a decent proportion of matches. How many games do you actually attend?
The issue of strength of the side isn't paramount as far as I'm concerned - the quality of the weather is the determining factor for me in turning out - and I believe that to be true of many regular supporters.

I rarely disagree with what you have to say. I was merely referring to your usual frankness about the situation we are in.

I don't attend matches, I live in South Wales, but have followed the County since 1988 despite having never lived there. Therefore I accept you are much more qualified than I to comment, and I appreciate the insight that people like yourself and others that attend can provide given that I am restricted to whatever Sky dish up.

I rarely disagree with what you have to say. I was merely referring to your usual frankness about the situation we are in.

I don't attend matches, I live in South Wales, but have followed the County since 1988 despite having never lived there. Therefore I accept you are much more qualified than I to comment, and I appreciate the insight that people like yourself and others that attend can provide given that I am restricted to whatever Sky dish up.

Sorry Glyn - you caught me on a bad moment! - I just have justifiably low expectations.

My hopes are at the level of wanting Leicestershire to remain as a first class county or more specifically me being able to watch first class cricket at Grace Road. Other than the T20 my genuine belief is that even a winning team in the Championship and to a large extent in the other limited overs cricket would not make more than a marginal differences to attendances. I still don't think that I'm being negative tho' I think this is realism. The weather is the critical factor.

As for the batting - well it was already off the map last season. As it stands we would go into this season without a no3 or no4. Greg Smith demonstrated the application that he has - but is too limited in range of shots for a number 3 and Cobb is too unreliable to bat above 5 in first class cricket. The present situation was all too predictable. Our better young players want to move on to fulfill their ambitions - and quite rightly so. I've watched a good deal of club cricket in Leicestershire and in my opinion the standard of second team county cricket is not much different to the Everards Premier - except that the latter is more competitive.......but there is a big jump to first class cricket.

The solution? Not sure about that.....possible long term incremental improvement; revitalising the coaching staff...and definitelt trying to identify two quality batters before the end of March. Oh and while I'm looking for positives - the slow bowling department is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566