June internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The “Wembley Wizards” victory of 1928 has kept the Jocks going through 90+ years of despair. This stellar performance ought to set the Magyars up for a superb World Cup … shame they failed to qualify.
Seeding for Euro qualification is going to be based on Nations League placing though, which is why it's so vexing to feel that not everyone has taken these games more seriously than simple friendlies. England should expect to be in the top pot for that, but there's virtually no chance they will be now. Hungary will be sitting pretty though

Come on, you big nosed twat - get yourself out for the post match interview

We could put big Sam in charge until the summer as clubs do. Would that be longer than his previous stint?

I have been saying for years, since the 2018 World Cup to be exact, that Southgate is a failed Championship manager with absolutely no understanding of tactics nor the use of substitutions. He has been very lucky in the last two tournaments in that we have faced weak opposition up to the semi-finals and then lost to each and every decent team that we have faced. I am sure that he is a decent and honourable person, but I would prefer a right bastard who knows about football and knows how to win.

Thought the same
Not on really. He’s basically said: “there you are, that’s what happens when we try something different you miserable gits…now I’m going back to my tried and tested”

It wasn’t even that much of an experiment. Stones, Kane, Walker, Pickford, Saka, Philips, Mount, Maguire, Sterling all involved. I’ve been something of Southgate apologist but that interview was pretty poor and suggests he’s going to recede right into his shell.

Not on really. He’s basically said: “there you are, that’s what happens when we try something different you miserable gits…now I’m going back to my tried and tested”

It wasn’t even that much of an experiment. Stones, Kane, Walker, Pickford, Saka, Philips, Mount, Maguire, Sterling all involved. I’ve been something of Southgate apologist but that interview was pretty poor and suggests he’s going to recede right into his shell.
Exactly. It’ll be full on reverse gear.

I have been saying for years, since the 2018 World Cup to be exact, that Southgate is a failed Championship manager with absolutely no understanding of tactics nor the use of substitutions. He has been very lucky in the last two tournaments in that we have faced weak opposition up to the semi-finals and then lost to each and every decent team that we have faced. I am sure that he is a decent and honourable person, but I would prefer a right bastard who knows about football and knows how to win.
Dyche? He's available. Granted, Burnley went down but he kept a generally bang average squad in the premier league for years. And he'd get England playing exciting football.

Dyche? He's available. Granted, Burnley went down but he kept a generally bang average squad in the premier league for years. And he'd get England playing exciting football.
That bit about Dyche getting them to play exciting football is a joke I take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263