Just the Tonic Comedy Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Groupon offer today.

Anyone been before? Was it any good? I suppose it depends on the comedians on the night but is it worth it for a cheap night out with the mrs?

I think it's the old Highlight comedy club under a different name. I went to the Highlight a few times and it was great but I've not been since it changed it's name so can't comment. I'm signed up to their website though and they're always emailing different offers.

I have been and was ok as long as you don't eat the food and don't mind shit tasting beer.

The crowd are sat in rows now rather than at tables as it was when it was jongleurs.

For a tenner it's ok.

They have some top acts on at cracking prices.

Everytime I've been to a comedy club I've had a pretty shit night, usually they have one comedian you have heard of, one shouty tosser and a selection of dullards, the food and beer is usually crap and I don't think I've ever been to one without a stag/hen party being arseholes throughout. Much better off paying more to see a comedian you actually like.

So reviews are "mixed" then......

The lads at work went to the one in Nottingham a few months back, I opted to go Norwich in the FA Cup instead.

Rufus Hound was on and I was a bit gutted I was missing it to be fair, however from what I heard he was absolutely shit. Was booed off the stage and responded to the crowd that he hoped they all died of cancer. ****!

Last edited:
The lads at work went to the one in Nottingham a few months back, I opted to go Norwich in the FA Cup instead.

Rufus Hound was on and I was a bit gutted I was missing it to be fair, however from what I heard he was absolutely shit. Was booed off the stage and responded to the crowd that he hoped they all died of cancer. ****!

Hmm perhaps he was a little high brow for the notts crowd!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669