• Sam Allardyce (!)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other....

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Here's a poll of managers (most wouldn't dream of coming to our little nightmare) but for the fun, I thought I would add to see a) who people really would like as next Manager for our club and b) how delusional we all are...

For Homeypants (who is probably smashing things over his head at the mere point of this poll) come to the Palace friendly and I will bake you a cake. :)

Awww, Alex, you beat me to it. I was going to call my thread "can I be the first..." but it's too late now :icon_sad:

Never mind all this.

What kind of cake will it be Alex?

I voted on who I'd like to be next City manager, not who I think it will be. Important distinction.

Billy Davies won't come, he can easily get another job in the Championship. Paul Ince won't come, MK Dons have just as much chance of promotion as we do IMO and they have a nice stadium and ambitious chairman like we do, but there isn't as big an expectation at MK so he will stay there. Sam Allardyce, not a hope in a hell.

I think the rest on the list would realistically come here, but my first realistic choice would have to be Dave Penney, followed by Richard Money. Penney won't cost a lot in compo, Money won't cost anything in compo. They are both decently proven managers and both know this league inside out. What worries me with these two is that neither of them have any experience of managing in the Championship and beyond, but no one gets that experience if someone doesn't bite the bullet and give it to them.

Obviously I would prefer Billy Davies and Paul Ince to these two, but just can't see them coming.

Billy Davies won't come, he can easily get another job in the Championship. Paul Ince won't come, MK Dons have just as much chance of promotion as we do IMO and they have a nice stadium and ambitious chairman like we do, but there isn't as big an expectation at MK so he will stay there. Sam Allardyce, not a hope in a hell.

I think the rest on the list would realistically come here, but my first realistic choice would have to be Dave Penney, followed by Richard Money. Penney won't cost a lot in compo, Money won't cost anything in compo. They are both decently proven managers and both know this league inside out. What worries me with these two is that neither of them have any experience of managing in the Championship and beyond, but no one gets that experience if someone doesn't bite the bullet and give it to them.

Obviously I would prefer Billy Davies and Paul Ince to these two, but just can't see them coming.

I'd agree with all that

I think we should employ Corporal Punishment. He'd sort the bunch of lazy shits out.

I don't see why we couldn't attract Paul Ince. In spite of the best efforts of recent managers and current players, we still have a hell of a lot more potential than MK Dons.

It's likely to be all about Money (not Richard) and I would like to see Mandaric use his resources to try to get Ince. He seems to have the personality to be able to sort people out and that's what we need.

Billy Davies or Paul Ince. Never happen though. :tumbleweed:

They can appoint who ever they want. I am just glad Holloway has gone. Any fecker will be better than him as long as they keep their shoes on.

Good question OG. I was thinking Jamaican Ginger, unless you had a penchant for a Cheesecake?

Jamaican Ginger would be good. Perhaps you can add him as an option in the poll?

Anybody who thinks Sam Allardyce will come here are totally and utterly off their Rocker

Agreed. :icon_bigg

But you want Penney so can we really take any notice of you?:) I'm not saying I want Lambert but I fail to see this hate and dislike for him,he's done a decent job at Wycombe and is at least unexposed where as the likes of Penney are on a downward spiral and will never ever be good enough

Last edited:
I'm going to go for Grayson. Him to come in with Steve Thompson and Gerry Taggart.

But you want Penney so can we really take any notice of you?:) I'm not saying I want Lambert but I fail to see this hate and dislike for him,he's done a decent job at Wycombe and is at least unexposed where as the likes of Penney are on a downward spiral and will never ever be good enough

He has done quite a good job at Wycombe and thats it. How is Penney on a downward spiral? Because he dropped down divisions when he left Doncaster due to taking them as far as he could?

Sven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00