Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Sam Allardyce (!)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other....

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe that some people have voted for Mike Newell ahead of Sam Allardyce

WTF :102:

I did because I don't live in Cloud Cuckooland,there is absolutely no way Allardyce will come here.Might as well put Mourinho up there as well

has billy davies got teams promoted from league 1?? was preston his 2st job?

I did because I don't live in Cloud Cuckooland,there is absolutely no way Allardyce will come here.Might as well put Mourinho up there as well

But the question wasn't about who would realistically come here (in which case Newell is a good bet) - it was about who would you want out of that list

has billy davies got teams promoted from league 1?? was preston his 2st job?

I think he got Preston promoted from League 1, but that was his second job. His first job was at Motherwell. He then took Preston to the Championship playoffs a couple of times, before heading to Derby where he got them promoted to the Prem at the first attempt.

I would absolutely love it if BD came here, but I just really can't see him coming.

But the question wasn't about who would realistically come here (in which case Newell is a good bet) - it was about who would you want out of that list

In that case itsa silly list

I think he got Preston promoted from League 1, but that was his second job. His first job was at Motherwell. .

No he didn't - he got the gig after being a coach under Craig Brown when they were an established Championship side

I voted for Paul Ince, as he is an up and coming manager, and in my opinion would sort the feckless tossers out at our club. Billy Davies might be the better bet, with his experience of getting promoted, but, I don't want him because of his Derby connections, and the fact that they were shit.

To be honest I'd take Homer's dog at the moment, not in a sexual way mind you. Just stick him in the managers office. Probably can't do a worse job than Holloway.

Is having had success at getting a team promoted necessarily the most important thing to look for in a manager required to resurrect a club mired in failure? I think other qualities might be more important.

Winning promotion, or failing to, can be the result of a happy coincidence of a lot of factors and not necessarily an indication that the manager has some magic formula. How many managers who have taken a club up to the premiership in the last decade or so are still managing at that level? Not that many.

And, perhaps more telling, how many have done it more than once? Off hand I can only think of Keegan in that category.

Billy Davies might be the better bet, with his experience of getting promoted, but, I don't want him because of his Derby connections, and the fact that they were shit.

Forget the sheep bit, I don't want him because he doesn't excite me (as a Manager) in the slightest.

Going to be hard to get someone who does while we are in this league though.

Is having had success at getting a team promoted necessarily the most important thing to look for in a manager required to resurrect a club mired in failure? I think other qualities might be more important.

Winning promotion, or failing to, can be the result of a happy coincidence of a lot of factors and not necessarily an indication that the manager has some magic formula. How many managers who have taken a club up to the premiership in the last decade or so are still managing at that level? Not that many.

And, perhaps more telling, how many have done it more than once? Off hand I can only think of Keegan in that category.

I think the single most important quality for our next manager will be the ability to handle the owner. Only Redknapp has done it so it can't be easy. This means he's got to be a very strong character.

Mind you, I'd have put Allen and Holloway down as strong characters and they didn't last 5 minutes.

I think the single most important quality for our next manager will be the ability to handle the owner. Only Redknapp has done it so it can't be easy. This means he's got to be a very strong character.

Mind you, I'd have put Allen and Holloway down as strong characters and they didn't last 5 minutes.

You and me both!:icon_bigg

Just to keep us happy..

Win rate
Ince 52.2%
Newell 41.9%
Cotterill 40.1%
Davies 39.9%
Grayson 38.5%
Gregory 34.7%

Loss rate....
Ince 25.6%
Grayson 29.6%
Cotterill 31.4%
Davies 32.7%
Newell 32.8%
Gregory 38.6%

Courtesy of my calculations and stats provided by Soccerbase

Just to keep us happy..

Win rate
Ince 52.2%
Newell 41.9%
Cotterill 40.1%
Davies 39.9%
Grayson 38.5%
Gregory 34.7%

Loss rate....
Ince 25.6%
Grayson 29.6%
Cotterill 31.4%
Davies 32.7%
Newell 32.8%
Gregory 38.6%

Courtesy of my calculations and stats provided by Soccerbase

Gregory it is then!

But obviously none of them are good enough for a side that has never so far dropped a single point in league one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00