New Contract Kasey McAteer - 2028

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City is pleased to confirm talented Academy graduate Kasey McAteer has signed a new long-term contract with the Club, extending his stay until at least 2028.

The 22-year-old – who joined City at the age of eight – made his First Team debut against Newcastle United in December 2021.

After establishing himself as a key player for the Club’s Development Squad, the winger enjoyed a breakthrough campaign last term and helped the Foxes to an immediate return to the Premier League as Sky Bet Championship winners.

Speaking to LCFC.com, McAteer said: “Everyone knows what playing for Leicester City means to me having been here at the Football Club for most of my life, so to sign a new contract after such an incredible 12 months is a dream come true.

“It’s such a special Club and there’s so much excitement around the place going into the new Premier League season. I’m so happy to be part of it and I’ll be giving everything to play my part in helping the team achieve all we can on the pitch.”

He netted his first senior goal at Rotherham United in August 2023 and went on to score a further six times in all competitions last season.

His strike against the Millers was followed up by goals in important league victories over Southampton, Norwich City, Stoke City and Preston North End, while he was also on target in the Carabao Cup at Liverpool.

Good.

Hopefully we get some more players in and find him a good loan move before the end of the month.

Good.

Hopefully we get some more players in and find him a good loan move before the end of the month.
I don’t think he needs a loan Graz, I would like to see him play the games JV doesn’t.

He’s been called up to the Republic of Ireland squad

A very good achievement for the lad. Well done.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34