Confirmed Transfer Kasper Schmeichel to Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
A true legend for this club in every sense.

He's been there for every big moment over the last 11 years, of which there's been so many, and he's been a central figure in all of them - even the most horrible.

You think of this team, this club, and you think of him and Jamie Vardy first.

He deserves to move on if that's what he wanted, but I'm desperately sad to see him go because he's an embodiment of the club and it's a huge sign this great, historical period is coming to an end.

Thanks for everything Kasper, we love you.

We've been prepared for it, but it still hurts.

End of an era. Thank You for the memories

I'm worried about the loss of leadership in the team now. No idea who will be captain, as I can't see it being Tielemans.

Truly an icon of our football club, his record speaks for itself. Definitely a sad day but it’s what he wants I understand why he wanted another experience at the tail end of his magnificent career.

He clearly sees a role in management and he’s doing the right thing by broadening his horizons.

So many great moments but the save from the Nzonzi penalty is one of my favourites, felt like he dragged out that wonderful story for one more chapter with that.

A true leader and a great ambassador for the club, his love for the team was real and all we can do as fans is thank him for that.

A sad day.

Some favourite moments - the FA cup final, the Sevilla penalty save, the goal that wasn't given... He's been a huge figure for this club and our success. His actions at the time and after the helicopter crash showed just what kind of person he is. And his actions and (sometimes) frustrations on the pitch show what kind of player he is, a winner.

I had hoped he might stay long enough to break the appearances record... but not to be. Will be hoping that he wins something with Denmark or Nice before he retires and goes into management.

Time waits for no man. I don't begrudge Kasper signing that one more lucrative contract abroad, experiencing a new league and culture in preparation for what surely will be a career in management. I have so enjoyed what he has brought between the sticks, another in a long list of goalkeeping legends we have produced. The raw recruit from Leeds has matured into one of the finest players to ever grace the Foxes shirt. The memories have been well documented and it will very strange not to see that shock of blond hair in goal on Sunday. That said, the badge on the front always means more than the name on the back and I am sure Danny Ward / Daniel Iversen will do it proud. They are huge gloves to fill, but then they were always going to be and inevitably comparisons will be drawn. But we move on........and look back with immense pride and satisfaction on a career brilliantly executed. Thanks Kasper, just thanks.

Absolute ****ing hero, and so desperately sad that he’s gone right now and we can’t say goodbye properly

We’ll miss him desperately this season, in my opinion

First one gone - what a ****ing shite mess we are in

I agree with all the accolades , he fully deserves them, however, I personally think it is the right time for him to move on.

For all this leadership qualities he's supposed to possess, where were they last season, on the pitch.

What input does the senior pro have a set piece training?

Dont get me wrong, he's done bloody brilliant for us over the years, and I'm not having a go at that, he is a club legend, but last season, in my opinion, he was lefty wanting when we needed his leadership.

It would be sad, if he stayed on for another season and the fans turned against him.

I agree with all the accolades , he fully deserves them, however, I personally think it is the right time for him to move on.

For all this leadership qualities he's supposed to possess, where were they last season, on the pitch.

Dont get me wrong, he's done bloody brilliant for us over the years, and I'm not having a go at that, he is a club legend, but last season, in my opinion, he was lefty wanting when we needed his leadership.

It would be sad, if he stayed on for another season and the fans turned against him.

Sadly it sounds like at least one complete **** already has…..

Will go down as a club legend and rightly so.

Completely agree with every word of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4389
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4473
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263