Speculation Kasper Schmeichel to Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been all that impressed by Kaspers performance in girl so far this season, not near his performance level last season. If an offer is high enough we should sell imo, but I'm sure there aren't any serious offers.

Bonkers! He's far and away our best and most influential player. Hopefully, his approach of playing games rather than sitting on the bench of a top club still stands. If not, we've not had a better keeper for a very long time and we'll miss him when he's gone.

Bonkers! He's far and away our best and most influential player. Hopefully, his approach of playing games rather than sitting on the bench of a top club still stands. If not, we've not had a better keeper for a very long time and we'll miss him when he's gone.
Of what I've seen; completely agreed!

He doesn't look as good as last season as he has had a hell of a lot less to deal with this year whereas last, he was a very good last line of defence for us.

Would be disappointed to see him leave but wouldn't blame him one bit if it was to go and sit on the bench at Madrid for a couple of years to begin with.

He doesn't look as good as last season as he has had a hell of a lot less to deal with this year whereas last, he was a very good last line of defence for us.

Exactly.

They've either flown past him due to awful defending away from home or we've defended well as a unit and kept him quiet.

Would be disappointed to see him leave but wouldn't blame him one bit if it was to go and sit on the bench at Madrid for a couple of years to begin with.

He's been beaten too easily from distance a few times this season and hasn't been as commanding, in his defence the players infront have been off form away from home. I still stand by the opinion he was better 6-8 months ago than he is right now and is going to find his lack of height means he'll never be a top class keeper.

He's been beaten too easily from distance a few times this season and hasn't been as commanding, in his defence the players infront have been off form away from home. I still stand by the opinion he was better 6-8 months ago than he is right now and is going to find his lack of height means he'll never be a top class keeper.

So all top class keepers are and have been really tall?

Schmeichel is actually one inch taller than Iker Casillas.

Kaspers style of keeping is (IMO) similar to his dad, who relied a lot on his size and presence, the fact that a few smaller keepers make it to the top level due to their agility and reactions doesn't make much difference to my personal evaluation of KS, I don't think he'll ever be close to being the best keeper in his family let alone the world.

I'm sure he will be good enough for us for the next few years at least if he isn't sold.

Kaspers style of keeping is (IMO) similar to his dad, who relied a lot on his size and presence, the fact that a few smaller keepers make it to the top level due to their agility and reactions doesn't make much difference to my personal evaluation of KS, I don't think he'll ever be close to being the best keeper in his family let alone the world.

I'm sure he will be good enough for us for the next few years at least if he isn't sold.

what he said

Still the most competent keeper we have had for years, despite any faults he might have

If he was anywhere near as good as his dad, fact is he wouldn't be anywhere near Leicester City

Why are people saying he won't be as good as his dad? His dad was one of the best goalkeepers of all-time, we are a second tier side, we don't need him to be that good.

There's no doubting he has his faults, but as I said the other day, as a shot stopper he is too good for this league and if he didn't have those faults there's no way he'd be playing for Leicester in the Championship.

Still the most competent keeper we have had for years, despite any faults he might have

If he was anywhere near as good as his dad, fact is he wouldn't be anywhere near Leicester City

Agreed

Why are people saying he won't be as good as his dad? His dad was one of the best goalkeepers of all-time, we are a second tier side, we don't need him to be that good.

There's no doubting he has his faults, but as I said the other day, as a shot stopper he is too good for this league and if he didn't have those faults there's no way he'd be playing for Leicester in the Championship.

Correct

Where has my Homeywomeypants gone? Why all the fact?

I think Kasper has the pottential to be a very good keeper, and given the lack of goal keeping talent in his generation, could well end up at a top european team. It's not inconceivable that Real Madrid would want to get him now and coach him how they want IMO.

Last edited:

Agreed on both points, we have had some shocking keepers in recent (and not so recent) seasons

Struggle to think of anyone better in the champ and only a few better in the prem. Kasper was unlucky not to make it at man city really I don't rate hart as highly as I rate Kasper.

We are lucky o have him and need to hangon to him for as long as possible.

Struggle to think of anyone better in the champ and only a few better in the prem. Kasper was unlucky not to make it at man city really I don't rate hart as highly as I rate Kasper.

We are lucky o have him and need to hangon to him for as long as possible.

Erm, ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570