Kasper Schmeichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

Kasper will be out of contract soon. However, I've just heard an interview with him on Five Live, congratulating him on promotion. It was approached from the angle of a Schmeichel back in the Premier League. The possibility that he wouldn't be at the club next season wasn't even raised, and he said nothing that would make you think he'd be effing off anywhere else. He kept on saying "we" and one direct quote was "we're going to do as much as we can to stay in the Premier League".

Promising...

The complete quote; "The Foxes keeper played it cool, saying: 'First and foremost I hope we get promoted. I haven't given any thought to my future. It would be wrong to think too far ahead.' More than suggests that this interview is not the freshest out of the bakery.

The complete quote; "The Foxes keeper played it cool, saying: 'First and foremost I hope we get promoted. I haven't given any thought to my future. It would be wrong to think too far ahead.' More than suggests that this interview is not the freshest out of the bakery.

Doh!

Re: And while we're talking about goalkeepers...

I had a phone call from Northamptonshire on Saturday evening which included the comment "I think I should congratulate you on your promotion". I did point out that my part had been somewhat peripheral. I once congratulated an elderly Parisian lady on France winning the World Cup. These achievements are communal.
Good for Conrad; let him bask in his glory.

We can all argue over his talent level, his ambition or anything else, but he is our longest serving player so why shouldn't his local paper use that expression? :102:
I'm with you Spion. He obviously is a good guy to have around the place. He may not be to best goalie in the world, but a back-up goalkeeper in the Champoinship who knows he is barely going to get a game by definition is not going to be a world beater. Plus I enjoy his comedic talents during the warm-ups at away games.

In all seriousness, If he were to leave I would hope we go for Hislop.

Keeping hold of Kasper will be one of the biggest signings for us this summer if we do manage to keep hold of him.

Keep Logan too as mascot but we really would have to buy another keeper as we couldn't risk him playing in the Premier league!

What's Kasey Keller up to these days?

The Donegal Democrat would have even run a Conrad promotion story the year we got relegated to League 1, they're that parochial.

Last edited:

The Donegal Democrat would have even run a Conrad promotion story the year we got relegated to League 1, they're that parochial.

At last somebody realises the target of my concern. Hurrah!

I suspect Kasper, Pearson and a few others are already deep in talks about new contracts now we know where we'll be next season... I expect some will be signed and announced this week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570