Keith Weller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesman

Did many on here see him play. If so where do you rate him amongst the likes of Worthington, Glover, Birchenal (sp) etc?

Did many on here see him play. If so where do you rate him amongst the likes of Worthington, Glover, Birchenal (sp) etc?

1 Frank (best player I have seen play for City :icon_wink )
2= Lenny and Weller
4 The Birch

Outstanding, exciting player - deservedly up there along with Worthington and Glover

But don't you dare mention Birchenall in the same breath as those three

Shame on you :018:

He was probably my very first Leicester hero. So many wonderful players in the Bloomfield era, but I'd put the likes of Jon Sammels, Steve Earle, Dennis Rofe and a few more before Birchenall.

My heroes were Weller,Worthington,Garland,Glover. I think Weller was technically the most gifted but Franky was number one. But that was probably down the fact i used to fetch him a pint of milk everyday after training and his jack the image. I am now yearning to watch Star Soccer :icon_lol:

And Homer is right ,The Birch indeed :018:

As a Lions fan i only checked in on Saturday to gauge reaction to our victory but thought i'd check on Keiths standing amongst some of your support while i was here.

I remember when 'we' first signed him along with Derek Possee from Spurs in around 67/68. I think we paid £45000 for him and £47000 for Possee.

There is much debate among Millwall supporters as to who our greatest ever player has been although it usually comes down to a straight choice between Weller and Sheringham.

For me although Sheringham went onto win more honours no-one could touch Keith Weller in a Millwall shirt.

RIP.

No doubt, one of the best in a great era for the city. I was season ticket holder then, it was a great time, money well spent. if I remember correctly, (senilty having a go here), the player to start this time was Derek Dougan, I forget the manager who rescued him but he was another a great signing, but Kieth ( the black tights) Weller, was awsome.

No doubt, one of the best in a great era for the city. I was season ticket holder then, it was a great time, money well spent. if I remember correctly, (senilty having a go here), the player to start this time was Derek Dougan, I forget the manager who rescued him but he was another a great signing, but Kieth ( the black tights) Weller, was awsome.

Very senile

They were white.......

a grey cell just worked. Anybody remember Rodney Fern, long hair and sideburns, he's up; he's down he's like a fu...... clown Rodney Fern Redney Fern .

weller1110_468x693.jpg

Not familiar with him although everytime i see the ice hockey movie 'Slapstick' i'm reminded of Rodney Fern.

Surely a Hanson brother if ever there was one.

You want weird from that era? Don't forget the mighty String - Mike Stringfellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00