Keith Weller

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantafox

7 years ago today my best friend and when I was younger my hero, passed away way much too young. May he rest in peace and may we all remember those memorable moments he gave us all as fans !

Indeed. Well spoken.
Still my all time Leicester City Hero!

:038:

Last edited by a moderator:
A true legend from a great period in the history of the club. You must feel very priveleged and proud to have him as a friend Atlanta.

7 years ago today my best friend and when I was younger my hero, passed away way much too young. May he rest in peace and may we all remember those memorable moments he gave us all as fans !

Cheers for that .He was my hero too.:038:

40 years this year since he signed for City. A true Leicester legend.

Well said. I'm too young to appreciate those moments but as a footballer and person I've only heard great things.

Yeah and last night they showed on Strictly clips from the 1974 FA Cup Final due to fact that Brucie was there and so could have been Keith me and a lot more City fans. I f only we had drawn Burnley or Newcastle in the Semi Final. Liverpool were becoming the team of the decade so not a surprise we lost , even if it took a replay. But I'm sure City and Keith in particular would have graced that final more so than Newcastle United and Malcolm McDonald did in what was one of the most one sided FA Cup Finals of the 70's or indeed ever.

Keith I am sure would have loved to have been there that day and would have given Keegan and Co a run for their money.

Last edited:
I agree what a great man. My 1st away game was that Luton game at the start of the clip. I was also mascot in the 70s against Man Utd on a night game, and we won. Keith was the captain and made my day that much better, such a gent. Still the best player to wear the blue shirt (for me anyway). RIP

My dad described him as the best player ever to play for the club, I can only describe him as a Leicester legend, I wish I could of seen him play, those who have are lucky

R.I.P. Keith
As with many others of my era my favourite player with Frankie Wortho

love this one

When we had a similar thread on Keith in the Summer his brother Phil joined TB and made a few posts. I don't think he has posted since.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember, what date did he sign for us?

Last edited:
Saw my first game in 1966. Been going ever since. I have to say in all of that time Keith Weller is by a country mile the best player I have ever seen in a Leicester Shirt. There is no one in my opinion that comes anywhere near him.

True quality and a sad sad loss.

I assume you mean outfield player, or do you think he was better than Gordon Banks?

Depends how you rate a player I suppose, Banks was without a doubt one of the very best, if not the best, player to play for the club in terms of ability. But some would rank Weller up there for the fact that he was an absolute joy to watch, even if he wasn't as talented as someone like Banks.

Depends how you rate a player I suppose, Banks was without a doubt one of the very best, if not the best, player to play for the club in terms of ability. But some would rank Weller up there for the fact that he was an absolute joy to watch, even if he wasn't as talented as someone like Banks.

And he/she did say "in his/her opinion"

Do I think he was better than Banks? Well if you can compare apples with pears then yes I think he was better. I am not sure though comparing an outfield player with a goalie is viable. If you ask me which one I would rather have in my side it would be Weller, no contest.

I also thought Shilton was better than Banks actually but that is a whole new debate I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669