Kelechi Iheanacho - time to show this man some respect

He's still better than the other bloke we signed for 30 mill

Well, I still say that writing Vardy off is ****ing stupid. He is playing now, exactly and I mean exactly, like he did under Puel. Playing him in a two or giving him at least a few games to get into some sort of possible rhythm would be better than having to watch any more games like that from Nacho. I get that he has the odd patch where he does well but all too often we see and have seen performances like today from him. He was truly, truly terrible. There is no defence of him whatsoever. All this bullshit about 'there's no one else' yada yada yada, is nothing to do with the fact that, once again, he was absolutely less than hopelessly useless today. Daka, Vardy, Ade Akinbyi, Junior Lewis, Carl ****ing Cort, Daniel 'it's behind you' Cademateri, none of them could have possibly been any worse than Nacho today. We should have hooked him at half-time along with Barnes and Tete.

The night started well
Pregnant daughter came over with her partner
Red wine was flowing well
City looking good
Then….
Penalty
Saved , phew
But it galvanised them not us
Go 1 down
Normal prolific (!) nacho misses a hat trick of chances
Lose 1-0
Then
Then

I’m told future some in laws results come back from DNA hereditary test come back

He’s mainly a ****ing jock

There is no God :(

The night started well
Pregnant daughter came over with her partner
Red wine was flowing well
City looking good
Then….
Penalty
Saved , phew
But it galvanised them not us
Go 1 down
Normal prolific (!) nacho misses a hat trick of chances
Lose 1-0
Then
Then

I’m told future some in laws results come back from DNA hereditary test come back

He’s mainly a ****ing jock

There is no God :(
Well, at least he’s not any kind of darkie

A good point made by Blackwell in the LM.

"Before the World Cup, they scored seven of 23 big chances. Since then, they’ve scored eight of 22. Plus, their conversion rate is the sixth-highest in the division, such is their ability to score from range. So unless things rapidly deteriorate, missing chances is not going to be a reason for City’s relegation.

It’s also why there is little point admonishing Iheanacho. Days of him missing good chances felt like they were in the past, such has been his efficiency in the final third over the past couple of years. But it has previously been the case where once he misses one gilt-edged opportunity, he then fluffs his lines for the rest of the game, such as Crystal Palace at the end of 2020.

The hope will be that it does not knock his confidence going forward, and it shouldn’t do. He got over that Palace game with the best scoring run of his career in spring 2021. He’s still clearly City’s most threatening striker and only in the event of him needing a rest should he be dropped between now and the end of the campaign".

To look into this point I checked and after being absolutely battered for missing chances against Palace at the end of Dec 2020, he went on to score 12 in 15 games over the rest of the season. Some random comments from here on Iheanacho's performance in his last game before that run:

"I don't care that its tough to sign a backup to Vardy, there has to be better than Nacho".

"Iheanacho should be consigned to the scrapheap"

"How many minutes did we give Nacho? 71? Bordering on being cruel on the lad".

"it's always nice when Nacho gets to play at being a footballer".

"Nacho shouldn’t be anywhere near the ****ing first team"

"Seventy odd minutes for Iheanacho. Seventy.... Appalling from start to finish ... It was utter, utter lunacy to start with Iheanacho".

"Nacho can just **** off now & not just because of the penalty. That was like watching someone given a game on the park because you were a man short".

"Relying on Iheanacho for anything other than comedy is ****ing obscene"

"Iheanacho is a championship standard striker and we were sold a pup by Man City"

A good point made by Blackwell in the LM.

"Before the World Cup, they scored seven of 23 big chances. Since then, they’ve scored eight of 22. Plus, their conversion rate is the sixth-highest in the division, such is their ability to score from range. So unless things rapidly deteriorate, missing chances is not going to be a reason for City’s relegation.

It’s also why there is little point admonishing Iheanacho. Days of him missing good chances felt like they were in the past, such has been his efficiency in the final third over the past couple of years. But it has previously been the case where once he misses one gilt-edged opportunity, he then fluffs his lines for the rest of the game, such as Crystal Palace at the end of 2020.

The hope will be that it does not knock his confidence going forward, and it shouldn’t do. He got over that Palace game with the best scoring run of his career in spring 2021. He’s still clearly City’s most threatening striker and only in the event of him needing a rest should he be dropped between now and the end of the campaign".

To look into this point I checked and after being absolutely battered for missing chances against Palace at the end of Dec 2020, he went on to score 12 in 15 games over the rest of the season. Some random comments from here on Iheanacho's performance in his last game before that run:

"I don't care that its tough to sign a backup to Vardy, there has to be better than Nacho".

"Iheanacho should be consigned to the scrapheap"

"How many minutes did we give Nacho? 71? Bordering on being cruel on the lad".

"it's always nice when Nacho gets to play at being a footballer".

"Nacho shouldn’t be anywhere near the ****ing first team"

"Seventy odd minutes for Iheanacho. Seventy.... Appalling from start to finish ... It was utter, utter lunacy to start with Iheanacho".

"Nacho can just **** off now & not just because of the penalty. That was like watching someone given a game on the park because you were a man short".

"Relying on Iheanacho for anything other than comedy is ****ing obscene"

"Iheanacho is a championship standard striker and we were sold a pup by Man City"
And most of those comments to are still true today. If he was shit in that game, then he was shit. Regardless of what came after. He's absolutely not the answer to the problem of replacing Vardy.

Replacing Kante, near on impossible
Replacing Mahrez ditto
Replacing Vardy, deja vu?

Maybe we should change our thought pattern, and appreciate their time playing for us, of which we may never see the like again.

Replace? No. Evolve? Yes.

Nah, all players are irreplaceable - in a like-for-like sense that is. Sometimes that's a good thing. Who really wants another (*name of player*)?

Nah, all players are irreplaceable - in a like-for-like sense that is. Sometimes that's a good thing. Who really wants another (*name of player*)?
I'd gladly take another Mahrez, Kante, Izzet, Lennon, Kaamark, Guppy, or Flowers right now.

I'd gladly take another Mahrez, Kante, Izzet, Lennon, Kaamark, Guppy, or Flowers right now.
Do they have twins too? If so, it's Mah'rez, Kan'te, Izz'et Len'non, Kaam'ark, Gup'py and Flow'ers.

But you make the same point; you'd take the same player again acknowledging they can't be replaced.

Back to Kels, I'm with Pop here; Nacho's a clown - one capable of the sublime for sure but nonetheless not one you build a team around. He's more often comedy value than anything else. To mix my metaphors, if I were waiting for that bus, I'd have given up and walked a long time ago.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854