Kelly wants the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if hes interested i dont see how they cant give it to him

IMO appointing Kelly with an experienced coach (maybe Graydon?) is the way to go.

like a few other people i worry that this is just an extended honeymoon period were going through at the moment but the team just seem to be playing so much better, with so much more confidence and above all just seem to be enjoying their football so much that ive got high hopes we can do really well next season

Country Fox said:
IMO appointing Kelly with an experienced coach (maybe Graydon?) is the way to go.

Keep it as it is. Kelly, Stowell and Graydon are doing a fantastic job.

We could get Dave Basset in as Director of Football to oversee the operation :icon_wink

Well after the game last night as well he said "Who wouldn't want the job? I'm lucky enough to have had 2 spells here and it's a great club" or something like that..

He does want it, and I don't see how the board can't give it to him really. He'll need to add to his backroom staff as I don't think there are many of them at the minute, so if he wants to bring in someone experienced as an assistant to help him then the club should let him do that, but make Rob manager!

My only worry would be his inexperience in the transfer market. People will point out that he was the one to notice a lot of our key players, but it's not just about having an eye for talent, he also needs to be able to convince the players to come here. That would be my only problem, whether is he able to do that, but at some point you have to take a risk. With how much he's seemed to lift our squad anyway, then hopefully he'll be able to convince the players he wants to come here. Besides, if he does get an experienced assistant, they might be able to help with that anyway

We interviewed loads of managers when Levein left and none of them seemed too keen. We're doing well under Kelly and he's loving the job, and the players seem to love playing for him.

C'mon Tim, offer him the job already!

I think they are maybe waiting until we are mathematically safe to sort it out. So maybe next week they'll sort out keeping him! :)

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
We could get Dave Basset in as Director of Football to oversee the operation :icon_wink

Next you'll suggesting David Pleat to help Bassett.Come on get a grip, were going upwards not like the trees

Graz said:
We interviewed loads of managers when Levein left and none of them seemed too keen. We're doing well under Kelly and he's loving the job, and the players seem to love playing for him.

I always thought an interview was too see if the new bosses wanted you and not the other way around.
We never offered the job to anyone because no one came up to what the board wanted in a manager. Newell only said what he did to keep face at Luton...

i think the players have made it clear that they like rk. imo thats half the battle a happy camp is a winning camp as proven with his results.

against palace you could see the difference in attitude of the players, chasing everything, closing them down not letting them play. plus weve got players that can score. all in all i like what i see.sign the man long term before someone else does.

Hopefull they will make a decision on the manger before May 15th, else I think alot of people will hold off buying season tickets until a decision is made either way

beighton155 said:
Hopefull they will make a decision on the manger before May 15th, else I think alot of people will hold off buying season tickets until a decision is made either way

On speaking to several guys in the BMI baby stand last night they all confirmed that they will be renewing their season tickets before May 15th and they also seemed confident that RK will be at the helm. :icon_wink

Hazzman said:
In Augusta whilst presenting the Masters BBC Coverage, Gary Lineker has mentioned that RK is the man for the job.

is that tue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570