Keown- an absolute disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyboy

How can anyone stick up for Martin Keown? He is meant to be a leader, a defender with experience of an unbeaten season, many trophies won, etc, etc. From day one here, and I have written this before he has been a huge letdown.
Get one thing straight- Micky Adams is manager of this football club. He is responsible for tactics, for the way the team plays, etc, etc. For a professional of Keown's 'calibre' to go behind his back to other players, to criticise the man who has given him the chance to extend his career whilst also, in theory, contributing his own ideas is utterly disgraceful.
The rumour is that Keown wanted his job. What a professional, what a man. All those who will stand up and defend such a person whilst also publically lambasting Adams need to take a long, hard look at themselves. Just for the record Taggart stuck his fingers up at Micky during the 4-4 draw at Spurs which showed how much respect he had, whilst Elliott also felt that he was bigger than MA. People like Howey, Curtis and even to some extent Dickov and Ferdinand have shown the man no respect, no decency and a crap attitude.
All those who stick up for professional footballers are mugs! If you still think Micky is to blame after all this please take a look at the facts.
The players have disgraced this club too often in the last few years. It is not, I repeat not Adams fault. Get off his back. Support him and the team tomorrow or just don't bother going.

A fantastic post Dannyboy... That's right I think; although I was giving MA some stick earlier, I think Keown has been a right tnuc this time...

Piss off monkey face..

That's right

Keep your head down and don't say a word.
Don't complain when the beloved Micky makes a tactical decision that costs us the game, 'cos it's not your place. Who are you to moan when the gaffer leaves the defence wide open. It must have your fault you monkey head. Keep that monkey head of yours down, and don't say a word

What do you know ? You only played for one of the most successful teams of the past twenty years, under one of the most skillful managers this country has ever seen. Keep your head down and don't say a word.

Don't you know Micky Adams once got promotion from the first division ? How dare you question his judgement, his tactical competence, or his basic management skills. You are nothing compared to him. Keep your head down and don't say a word.

Here's a nice shovel. There's some sand over there.
Go and bury your head in it

The other option being MA walks out, leaving us with Monkey Head running the club then yeah? Something he has never done before, oh, but, of course, as a former Gooner, he will also be vastly experienced at Management, as he has listened to Wenger... Nothing to do with the signings Wenger made at all...

Homer, we were ok on Tuesday night, more of that please, and before you say 'yeah but it was Gillingham' Leeds couldn't win there, and neither could we the last time we went... two Gillingham fans on the way out were commenting we were the best side they'd seen there, eclipsing Sunderland who were 4-0 winners...

The team looked more together at Priestfield than I had seen all season, perhaps this is due to monkey head pissing off. How dare he cause such a ruckus at a club who are paying him £15,000 per week, due to tactical decisions he didn't agree with? Are we saying tht we don't think MA would listen to the views of Keown? I disagree... I thin Keown went about this the wrong way, entirely and MA was hurt by it..

The players and MA all looked together at Gillingham, I don't think MA's the only one glad to get rid of monkey head.

To me it looks like MA is to stubborn/proud/immature/naive to take onboard any advice. Hence all the fallouts. Nobody knows what went on but there is a definite trend forming with Mental Micky.

Alex, you twist and turn like a twisty turny thing

What was, or was not, said and done by Keown is currently wild speculation and is derived mainly from the dubious report in the Mirror

Fact is, this is another glorious f*ck up in a long long line of glorious f*ck ups.

If Adams proves me wrong I will allow Chandler to select an appropriately sized sackcloth, and i will wear it accordingly.

He won't

If Keown chooses to sit out his contract it could cost the club another £750,000 and a load more bad press, nobody can deny that this signing has been a disaster.

homer said:
That's right

Keep your head down and don't say a word.
Don't complain when the beloved Micky makes a tactical decision that costs us the game, 'cos it's not your place. Who are you to moan when the gaffer leaves the defence wide open. It must have your fault you monkey head. Keep that monkey head of yours down, and don't say a word

What do you know ? You only played for one of the most successful teams of the past twenty years, under one of the most skillful managers this country has ever seen. Keep your head down and don't say a word.

Don't you know Micky Adams once got promotion from the first division ? How dare you question his judgement, his tactical competence, or his basic management skills. You are nothing compared to him. Keep your head down and don't say a word.

Here's a nice shovel. There's some sand over there.
Go and bury your head in it

Totally agree mate

I also think we did a lot better at the Gillingham in terms of solidarity in approach.

I tend to see it as Keowns bad to be honest. The guy came in on a decent whack to offer a valued contribution to the coaching side of the football club. Back biting and Chinese whispers does not constitute a valued or valid contribution. It promotes negativity and unrest.

If Keown sat down with MA, talked to him about how he felt, what his opinions are on the tactical side, THEN oust him after being diplomatic is the wrong thing to do. Maybe MA did, and hes just an egomaniac. But if he is, why did he employ Keown for his professional opinions in the first place?

Hes not paid 15K a week to dish the dirt out behind backs. If you say something, say it to the blokes face.

It could be MA is an autocratic ar*e who doesnt value anyones judgment but his own. As with others before him and not just Kewon MA has had several run-ins with footballers with stronger personality traits. He has publicly critiqued Connolly - can he not take it back? Though I do not believe MA is an ar*e, nor do I believe he's the wrong man for this job.

I can remember the days of Cloughie and Shanks...they wouldn’t even bloody speak to a player who was injured! Public hangings would be dished out for this behavior.

I don’t disagree with any of you lads, I do think your dead right in that Kewon has a wealth of experience to offer - maybe even more than MA does in terms of competing at the highest level. Which is probably why MA bought him here. And he appears to have fuc*ed up - so off he goes. I do not a case of "Mickey Adams is always right" as he would put it, Kewon swang in from the amazon and declared himself king of the jungle. Off you pop then mate. See you soon.

PS. Hope you dont mind me posting to this list - I have been reading your comments for months and wanted to have a go!

come on you CITY SLCIKERS

always welcome balanced gonads input :oops: i mean input gonads
welcome on board and hope you have a ball :roll:

lazzer said:
always welcome balanced gonads input :oops: i mean input gonads
welcome on board and hope you have a ball :roll:
What a load of Gonads :!: :wink:

That's cobblers, lazzer. You deserve the sack for that, you scrote

Stop making a testicle of yourself, or its the knackers yard for you

Micky Adams is a joke at the minute, the team haven't played consistantly well for about 12-18 months. To say that all those players like Elliott, Taggart, Ferdinand, Keown and more are wrong to criticise. Have any of those players had many if any manergial bust-ups in their long careers... I think not. So I think the finger of blame points directly to one man Adams.

agree completely.

Adams has yet again shown he cant be criticised and I cant ever remember a manager that has had so many bust ups and fall outs with players in his time. He really must be a horrible manager to work for unless your prepared to kiss his arse.

End of the day we have lost a fine player, Keown has won more major trophys on his own that LCFC has in its history so I think we will miss him more than he will miss us.

homer said:

What was, or was not, said and done by Keown is currently wild speculation and is derived mainly from the dubious report in the Mirror

Fact is, this is another glorious f*ck up in a long long line of glorious f*ck ups.

If Adams proves me wrong I will allow Chandler to select an appropriately sized sackcloth, and i will wear it accordingly.

He won't

You're right of course, I do twist and turn....I was very angry after QPR...I made up with them all a bit at Gillingham...I dunno' Homer, maybe you're right, but I don't think I can handle starting all over again with a new manager at the mo' - I'd much rather we got it right under MA...

Can someone please fill me in about the Ferdinand and Elliot situation regarding having a go about Adams? with proof if possible? I was unaware of this..

Elliott said he should try Grecian 2000, and the next day he was off to Portman Road

Ferdinand said Adams' shoes were a bit scuffed on the heel, and he was told to go and rot at the Reebok

alex said:
homer said:

He won't

You're right of course, I do twist and turn....I was very angry after QPR...I made up with them all a bit at Gillingham...I dunno' Homer, maybe you're right, but I don't think I can handle starting all over again with a new manager at the mo' - I'd much rather we got it right under MA...

I don't think Adams should be sacked in the near future, I hope the board are looking around though. This is another example of his poor man management and I think if we don't finish in the top six he should be replaced at the end of the season. Hope he and the team can continue to bring in the points.

the way i see it,even though i dont no the facts.is that keown has questioned adams tactics,and he has took a dislike to him,what the hell has he brought him to the club for.he even said when he signed him he was hoping keown teaches him a trick or two,as you never stop learning.

His arguments do seem to be confined from the senior pro's though as you pointed out: Kewon, Ferdinand et al all were brought in to offer something more than 90 minutes (45 in most cases!). Elliot I’m sure recognizes his playing days are limited so alternative approaches are needed to keep one foot in football.

Lets not forget when Adams first came here he was pretty much second fiddle to Harry Basset - So I can see where his paranoia for taking control of team matters stem from. Im sure old 'Arry still breathes down his neck even now, so I bet Adams wants the line management to cut short at his office. Which rightly begs the question why does Adams bring in these people when their opinions seem to fall on deaf ears?

I dunno, there have been one too many mistakes this season already, but I'm still not ready to think another manager needs to take charge of team matters, regardless of who has insidiously tried to over the past year. You live and die by decisions I suppose, it my opinion that MA will get it right.....
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570