Keown- an absolute disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.
homer said:
Elliott said he should try Grecian 2000, and the next day he was off to Portman Road

Ferdinand said Adams' shoes were a bit scuffed on the heel, and he was told to go and rot at the Reebok

I don't think you're telling me the truth there Homer....

So am i to believe this is just bullshit?

dannyboy said:
How can anyone stick up for Martin Keown? He is meant to be a leader, a defender with experience of an unbeaten season, many trophies won, etc, etc. From day one here, and I have written this before he has been a huge letdown.
Get one thing straight- Micky Adams is manager of this football club. He is responsible for tactics, for the way the team plays, etc, etc. For a professional of Keown's 'calibre' to go behind his back to other players, to criticise the man who has given him the chance to extend his career whilst also, in theory, contributing his own ideas is utterly disgraceful.
The rumour is that Keown wanted his job. What a professional, what a man. All those who will stand up and defend such a person whilst also publically lambasting Adams need to take a long, hard look at themselves. Just for the record Taggart stuck his fingers up at Micky during the 4-4 draw at Spurs which showed how much respect he had, whilst Elliott also felt that he was bigger than MA. People like Howey, Curtis and even to some extent Dickov and Ferdinand have shown the man no respect, no decency and a crap attitude.
All those who stick up for professional footballers are mugs! If you still think Micky is to blame after all this please take a look at the facts.
The players have disgraced this club too often in the last few years. It is not, I repeat not Adams fault. Get off his back. Support him and the team tomorrow or just don't bother going.

Sorry dannyboy but you've got to earn respect in the real world. They just don't hand it out with cornflakes anymore.

I find it a bit amazing that there are so many players that Adams can't seem to get along with. I expect we'll never know the real truth but I think there's no smoke without fire. :?

Billy Boy said:
dannyboy said:
How can anyone stick up for Martin Keown? He is meant to be a leader, a defender with experience of an unbeaten season, many trophies won, etc, etc. From day one here, and I have written this before he has been a huge letdown.
Get one thing straight- Micky Adams is manager of this football club. He is responsible for tactics, for the way the team plays, etc, etc. For a professional of Keown's 'calibre' to go behind his back to other players, to criticise the man who has given him the chance to extend his career whilst also, in theory, contributing his own ideas is utterly disgraceful.
The rumour is that Keown wanted his job. What a professional, what a man. All those who will stand up and defend such a person whilst also publically lambasting Adams need to take a long, hard look at themselves. Just for the record Taggart stuck his fingers up at Micky during the 4-4 draw at Spurs which showed how much respect he had, whilst Elliott also felt that he was bigger than MA. People like Howey, Curtis and even to some extent Dickov and Ferdinand have shown the man no respect, no decency and a crap attitude.
All those who stick up for professional footballers are mugs! If you still think Micky is to blame after all this please take a look at the facts.
The players have disgraced this club too often in the last few years. It is not, I repeat not Adams fault. Get off his back. Support him and the team tomorrow or just don't bother going.

Sorry dannyboy but you've got to earn respect in the real world. They just don't hand it out with cornflakes anymore.

I find it a bit amazing that there are so many players that Adams can't seem to get along with. I expect we'll never know the real truth but I think there's no smoke without fire. :?

Its fairly obvious that in the main Micky doesn't seem to get on very well with players who have had a more successful playing career than himself - Curtis would be an exception!

Keown was also a potential instant replacement.

So there we have it.

I don't care much as long as Micky starts to obtain some consistently good results - tho' I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does cos i think over the last 16 months his weaker points seem to have overtaken his qualities.

MA has proved that he is not capable of managing a club of our size as he doesnt know how to deal with big name players.

Its the typical paranoia situation, he was at best an average player who had a workmanlike career. Now as a manager he is only comfortable dealing with players who he is on a level with. As soon as somebody better comes in he struggles, he is too single minded and reacts badly to criticism or advice.

Look at the players he has fallen out with Keown, Elliott, Taggart, Howey coincidently all defenders and all players who have achieved something in the game, maybe these players see things that us fans dont on a daily basis.

For me this is too much of a regular occurance to be levelled solely at the players. Look at the common cause - MA.

What happens if we do we get promoted this season who the hell are we going to sign cos it has been proved MA cannot handle quality players.

If Peter Taylor had been in charge of this so far shambolic last 10 months would people still be clamouring for him to stay in the job - no way. For some reason because he is a nice guy Micky seems to have more lives than a cat.

This has gone on for long enough and ADAMS has presided over what has been an embarrasing last 12 months on and off the park. We have no discipline and we are continually being dragged through one crisis after another.

One troublemaker has gone in Keown now get rid of the other and get this club back on track.

Dannyboy is closer to the truth than any of 'ee. It wasn't just a case of Keown coveting Micky's job - Micky wanted him to have it. Micky brought Keown in precisely for that reason.

Like most footer fans most of you are cursed with amnesia. Remember the rumpus with Sven and 'Fire Alarm?.' Master Bates thought that he had Sven by the short and curlies. But only at a price, about GBP14 million. So the slimy Bates slithered back into his hole.

But the rumour was out there. Mclaren was going to get the England Job and that either Moyes or Micky were headed for Boro. MA's stock at the time was considerably higher then that it is now.

So LCFC are stuck with a manger whose stock starts to slide and Martin is playing out his days for a paltry 15 grand a week. I mean, what's a guy to do to get regular work after hanging up the ol' boots that doesn't pay embarrassing money (ie under 500,000 a year)?

Now doesn't the prospect of just being simply a tele pundit make you want to revolt? That's what all that finger pointing at QPR was about.

Bye Bye Martin - just as much your fault as Micky's. And unless you're very lucky I can't see you hacking it as a manager.

Keep the Faith said:
MA has proved that he is not capable of managing a club of our size as he doesnt know how to deal with big name players.

Its the typical paranoia situation, he was at best an average player who had a workmanlike career. Now as a manager he is only comfortable dealing with players who he is on a level with. As soon as somebody better comes in he struggles, he is too single minded and reacts badly to criticism or advice.

Look at the players he has fallen out with Keown, Elliott, Taggart, Howey coincidently all defenders and all players who have achieved something in the game, maybe these players see things that us fans dont on a daily basis.

For me this is too much of a regular occurance to be levelled solely at the players. Look at the common cause - MA.

What happens if we do we get promoted this season who the hell are we going to sign cos it has been proved MA cannot handle quality players.

If Peter Taylor had been in charge of this so far shambolic last 10 months would people still be clamouring for him to stay in the job - no way. For some reason because he is a nice guy Micky seems to have more lives than a cat.

This has gone on for long enough and ADAMS has presided over what has been an embarrasing last 12 months on and off the park. We have no discipline and we are continually being dragged through one crisis after another.

One troublemaker has gone in Keown now get rid of the other and get this club back on track.

The bottom line is no player is bigger than the club. These players you mention probably all thought that they are. Although MA is a young manager on a learning curve, he warrants the complete and total respect of everybody, whether they have achieved in the game or not. When players are too light headed to realise this, then there are huge problems. MA has tried to bring in and use players who should have helped him, instead they have gone behind his back to make him look like a prick who doesn't know what he's doing. The likes of Keown should be utterly embarrassed about their actions. They have been disgraceful.

Food for thought: If you all love the likes of Keown, Elliott, etc, etc why not have it your way, get rid of Adams and appoint one of them. Then we could have a right old laugh. :x

dannyboy said:
Keep the Faith said:

The bottom line is no player is bigger than the club. These players you mention probably all thought that they are. Although MA is a young manager on a learning curve, he warrants the complete and total respect of everybody, whether they have achieved in the game or not. When players are too light headed to realise this, then there are huge problems. MA has tried to bring in and use players who should have helped him, instead they have gone behind his back to make him look like a prick who doesn't know what he's doing. The likes of Keown should be utterly embarrassed about their actions. They have been disgraceful.

Food for thought: If you all love the likes of Keown, Elliott, etc, etc why not have it your way, get rid of Adams and appoint one of them. Then we could have a right old laugh. :x

I think Adams does enough himself to look a prick.

By the way I never said I wanted any of the above as manager, just concerned that MA continually falls out with big name players.

Just like the squad last season, very few of the players like or respect adams.

Why did the board not sack Keown?
So he could be brought back into the squad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566