Keowns contract has been terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
MB was right then, now we just need to wait for the announcement about elliot

So Pressman is gone now as well.

Elliot must be still holding out. I feel that he deserves a testimonial...hes been here long enough!

What does everyone else think?

As we have terminated both contracts does that mean we have had to pay them off?

If so, does anyone know what kind of a deal they got out of it, and more importantly does this free up money for Leicester City to spend on players.

On another note, obviously Taylor is gone for good, because it seems we have opted for Walker and as back up this new geezer. Oh well.

SilverFox said:

Elliot must be still holding out. I feel that he deserves a testimonial...hes been here long enough!

Testimonials are usually given after 10 years, Elliott hasn't been here that long.

And he certainly doesn't need the money, which is the main purpose of testimonials.

SilverFox said:
As we have terminated both contracts does that mean we have had to pay them off?

I'm sure they'll have been paid something - but not the full value of their contract, because if we did that there's no point letting them leave. Maybe MB will be along with some details.

It makes sense for Keown to have his contract terminated, rather than try to get a transfer while he's still a Leicester player.

Premiership clubs can sign players who aren't contracted to other clubs outside the transfer window, so Keown doesn't have to worry about beating the deadline if he wants to sign for a Premiership club. So maybe that's been to the club's advantage when negotiating a settlement of his contract.

webmaster said:
SilverFox said:

Testimonials are usually given after 10 years, Elliott hasn't been here that long.

And he certainly doesn't need the money, which is the main purpose of testimonials.

I still think we should arrange a match in terms of paying a tribute to Matt. He has shown great loyalty over the years and with the money generated it should go to the tsunami appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669