kevin pressman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he's loyal and on a big Taylor contract.

Micky's only had a keeper on the bench about 10 times? Try he's only not had a keeper on the bench maybe 5 times in 2 years. Anyone care to name me a better second choice keeper than Pressman available for nothing who'd be happy to sit on the bench?

Graz said:
Johan said:
MA has said he wont stand in anyones way if they want to leave. What if a PL club come in for walker? I doubt he will say no.

Walker has already said that he wants to stay at the club and get them back into the Premiership, because he's loyal.

You don´t know that until somone actually make a bid for him. But it´s probably safe to say that he will stay as no other club will offer him the same wage as he´s got.

what that finnish lad we have got? is he any good i think that top 2 is achievable but not gonna happen play offs ish

Johan said:
Graz said:
Johan said:
MA has said he wont stand in anyones way if they want to leave. What if a PL club come in for walker? I doubt he will say no.

Walker has already said that he wants to stay at the club and get them back into the Premiership, because he's loyal.

You don´t know that until somone actually make a bid for him. But it´s probably safe to say that he will stay as no other club will offer him the same wage as he´s got.

Well at the time he said it, Harry Redknapp had said he wanted to take him to Portsmouth, so..

Graz said:
Johan said:
Graz said:
Johan said:

Well at the time he said it, Harry Redknapp had said he wanted to take him to Portsmouth, so..

Did you here Redknapp say it or is it so that you actually believe the news papers??? You probably thought Bellion was coming to.

When You're Smiling said:
think you'll find walker is sitting out the last season of his contract and will leave for free next summer.

Or not, as the case may be, as we will be Premiership he may opt to stay.

mad biker said:
When You're Smiling said:
think you'll find walker is sitting out the last season of his contract and will leave for free next summer.

Or not, as the case may be, as we will be Premiership he may opt to stay.

Well that covers all the options!

Anyway -IMO & for a change it makes sense to sign an ancient in Pressman. No point in bringing in anyone with any ambitions at this stage -provides low cost insurance against injuries - lets hope he doesn't get too many opportunities.

ffs he's 2 years older than me! :shock:

MKFox said:
ffs he's 2 years older than me!

Blimey - I didn't realise he was THAT old! :shock:

:wink:

Fat, old, useless arse, typical leicester.

anyone ever see his penalty in a penalty shoot-out vs Wolves? He hit an absolute rocket into the top-corner. Best one I've ever seen. Certainly got his weight behind it :)

SamJ

oh come on, this is hardly something to moan about is it??? experienced, reliable goalkeeper used as a reserve only! he's no older than seaman, and peter shilton played well into his 40s!!!

I normally rate MA highly but this is just shocking.

Get's rid of a fairly decent goalkeeper who is bound to be our number 1 in a couple of years for £25K, and signs a fat, useless, old arse who was released by SHEFF WED!!

What will happen if we go up this season? I don't think Walker has another premiership season in him, pressman will have been released because he is on a 1 year contract, and Logan is too young and inexperienced. If we go up this season, we will have to sign 2 keepers.

Awful bit of business there Micky. Hope you are ashamed.

City Fan said:
I normally rate MA highly but this is just shocking.

Get's rid of a fairly decent goalkeeper who is bound to be our number 1 in a couple of years for £25K, and signs a fat, useless, old arse who was released by SHEFF WED!!

Coyne's not likely to be first choice in a couple of years. He was only signed to be backup to Walker, and he'll be 33 in a couple of years, so he's hardly one for the future. Pressman's good enough for the bench (but is the bench good enough to hold his weight?).

What will happen if we go up this season? I don't think Walker has another premiership season in him, pressman will have been released because he is on a 1 year contract, and Logan is too young and inexperienced. If we go up this season, we will have to sign 2 keepers.

I think Walker is good enough for another year in the Premiership, but his contract's up next summer, so we may not be able to keep him.
I believe Coyne's contract is up next summer too, so whatever happens it looks like we coulld be looking for two new keepers next summer, unless we sign Walker's replacement now, which is probably not a good idea with the current money situation.

Tom W said:
Because he's loyal and on a big Taylor contract.

Micky's only had a keeper on the bench about 10 times? Try he's only not had a keeper on the bench maybe 5 times in 2 years. Anyone care to name me a better second choice keeper than Pressman available for nothing who'd be happy to sit on the bench?

Sorry Tom but your wrong there - for the majority of our last Div 1 campain there was no keeper on the bench.

I don't think Pressman makes a lot of diffrenece really, he'll do a job if needed if not he'll sit on the bench.

Does this mean were not going to sign a GK coach?

Fox Fan said:
Sorry Tom but your wrong there - for the majority of our last Div 1 campain there was no keeper on the bench.

No, you're both wrong!

For the last Div 1 season there was no keeper on the bench in around a quarter of the matches.

And that was mainly because of a lack of an experienced keeper being available.
The matches where we had no keeper on the bench were mostly during the time when Simon Royce was on loan at QPR, and Tim Flowers was injured (mainly August to November).
I think Price had one match on the bench during this time, and Murphy got a few matches on the bench towards the end of the Season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363