Kevin Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's soccer?

It's a commonly used term meaning Association football. It's most often used, but not exclusively, in countries where the term 'football' applies to sports other than association football. Ireland and America being good examples of this. Although it originates in England, to distinguish it from Rugby football.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it to be honest.

Last edited:
It's a commonly used term meaning Association football. It's most often used, but not exclusively, in countries where the term 'football' applies to sports other than association football. Ireland and America being good examples of this.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of it to be honest.

So are you talking about Ireland or America then?

He scored important goals in crucial games. Last minute winner against Tranmere sticks in the mind.

It was in injury time too I remember it well. The crowd erupted when it went in. I've got the video of that season and used to let my son play it when he was quite young to get him into the City habit. And that game is one of my favourites.

I remember it too, Me and my dad watched the first 89 minutes, my dad then decided we had to "avoid the traffic". We got out on to Sawday Street and heard the ground erupt.
91/92 was the first season I really remember Russell and Tommy Wright being my favourite players.

I remember it too, Me and my dad watched the first 89 minutes, my dad then decided we had to "avoid the traffic". We got out on to Sawday Street and heard the ground erupt.
91/92 was the first season I really remember Russell and Tommy Wright being my favourite players.

This was the first time I ever left a game early - and it was the last!

Obviously not the one of the most gifted or greatest to have worn the shirt, but for other reasons - effort, impact, lifting players and crowd alike - one of my very favourite players ever, even though it was brief.

Obviously not the one of the most gifted or greatest to have worn the shirt, but for other reasons - effort, impact, lifting players and crowd alike - one of my very favourite players ever, even though it was brief.
Succinctly put, Bob. :045:

0,,10427~5371078,00.jpg

he's got no hair, but we don't care

Best performance was beating Cambridge in the Playoff semi 91-92 ran his socks off. Scored a great goal when the keeper fluffed it and he was there to knock it in.

I wonder if Cambridge fans look upon that match as their "Wycombe". They've been absolute bobbins ever since, dropping down three leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566