Confirmed Transfer Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall to Chelsea

Never before has there been such panic to avoid breaking the FFP and/or Profit and Sustainability rules. After years of inaction for breaking these rules, only now are teams being punished. Just long enough for the members of the football elite i.e., the mob to get so far ahead of the rest that they themselves are not in the same position as clubs on the periphery. They are simply no longer subject to the same rules. Clubs like ours have been sucked into this position over a long period of time. Slowly strangled until we are nothing but play things. We're unique in that we almost broke in to the mob but you know what? It's a stinking, festering shit box of a place and I'd sooner take our unparalleled triumphs and leave.

We've sold KDH not out of choice, but out of sheer desperation to abide by the rules that have been placed on us by the footballing establishment. Don't blame the club, blame football.

We've sold KDH not out of choice, but out of sheer desperation to abide by the rules that have been placed on us by the footballing establishment. Don't blame the club, blame football.
This is absolute bollocks.

The reason we are panicking is because of years over over spending on unproven, mediocre players and dishing out utterly ridiculous contracts to people like Danny Ward etc.

The failure is overwhelmingly ours and the worst thing is that the same people who created this mess are still there.

Can't name many other clubs that get promoted to the PL and immediately have to sell their only real asset.

Wonder what Daka, Ward, Soumare etc are all pulling weekly?

This is absolute bollocks.

The reason we are panicking is because of years over over spending on unproven, mediocre players and dishing out utterly ridiculous contracts to people like Danny Ward etc.

The failure is overwhelmingly ours and the worst thing is that the same people who created this mess are still there.

Can't name many other clubs that get promoted to the PL and immediately have to sell their only real asset.

Wonder what Daka, Ward, Soumare etc are all pulling weekly?
So you don't think we've sold him out of desperation to abide by the rules?

So you don't think we've sold him out of desperation to abide by the rules?

Yes of course we have

Because we have recklessly been breaching the rules for years and have, quite rightly, been caught out for being ****ing useless

The rules are known. We ignored them. We broke them. We’re going to get docked points. We have to sell our only saleable asset

Because we have mismanaged our finances horribly

“Ooh, Mr Judge, I shouldn’t be punished for stealing those hundreds of of thousands of pounds. That’s not fair - it’s that bloody Theft Act that is too blame”

In truth, it's a little from pot A and a little from pot B. We've pissed away millions on shit, that much is true. We've also given out some ludicrous contracts. However it's also true that we did so to at least try and keep up with the bigger boys but the rules themselves are bollocks and geared towards keeping clubs like ours from ever upsetting the status quo again.

In the end, it's incompetence on a grand scale wherever you look.

In truth, it's a little from pot A and a little from pot B. We've pissed away millions on shit, that much is true. We've also given out some ludicrous contracts. However it's also true that we did so to at least try and keep up with the bigger boys but the rules themselves are bollocks and geared towards keeping clubs like ours from ever upsetting the status quo again.

In the end, it's incompetence on a grand scale wherever you look.
Massively.

When you consider that our attempt at keeping up with the big boys resulted in relegation then someone is seriously not performing in their role behind the scenes.

I completely agree that we matched the "BIG BOYS" for a while, but our attempt to stay with them ultimately lead to our downfall.

This is partly to do with our total incompetence since the death of Vichai and partly because the rules are set by those very same "BIG BOYS".

If we are looking at Financial Stability, then we should not be looking at the P + L account, but at the Balance Sheet. These rules have been set by people who do not understand business. The P+L account is the match report. The Balance sheet is the final result. You can put all kinds of shit in the match report, but it doesn't change the result.

Let us look at what Chelsea have done over the last few years. Let us assume that they have spent 1bn in transfer fees. Again, we will assume that each of these contracts have been spread over 8 years. On their P+L account, they are going to be showing a cost of 125m for each of the next eight years, which, hopefully for them, will be more than matched by operating income.

So, let us now look at their balance sheet.

They have spent 1bn which comes out of their cash account. This is then balanced by 1bn in their fixed asset account. Result, the balance sheet balances and everybody is happy. But wait, attached to each of those assets is a liability in that they are committed to pay the wages of each of those assets for a period of 8 years. These liabilities should be reflected in the balance sheet, meaning that we go from a position of solvency to one of potential catastrophy. This is exactly where we found ourselves with our non functioning assets such as Nacho, Cags, Soumare etc in the last two seasons. We could not liquidate those non performing assets and were just left with the liability of paying their wages.

Anyone who is looking at the viability of let's say a potential acquisition would not simply look at the P+L account. They will examine the balance sheet forensically to find out whether the business is actually sustainable from a financial point of view.

Will the new government do something regarding financial regulations for the Opera of the masses, and bring it back to them. At the moment, it is heading off to Glyndebourne.

Joe you aren't this dim, I've already given you the reason for the desperation ffs.

It's a fact that we've been ran badly for too long, I'm not denying this, but I don't think this is the only reason, and strongly believe that the bigger reason for our plight is the way things have changed in terms of punishment of badly ran clubs. Also, thanks for acknowledging me not being that dim. Talk about a back handed compliment!

It's a fact that we've been ran badly for too long, I'm not denying this, but I don't think this is the only reason, and strongly believe that the bigger reason for our plight is the way things have changed in terms of punishment of badly ran clubs. Also, thanks for acknowledging me not being that dim. Talk about a back handed compliment!
I still think you are a complete ****

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00