"King Power" lettering coming off shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely agree lanxfox jnr. At these prices they should be good quality. I've got shirts from the "Alliance and Leicester" era that have lasted better than this season's shirt! It's just not good enough.

Anyway I've emailed the club about it now so I'll let people on here know what response I get.

Did you CC Esther Rantzen and Anne Robinson on the email? You probably should have.

I think you should definitely write a very sternly worded letter to your MP

Will the king power lettering still be there when they take city into administration?

Welcome to the 21st century capitalist paradise.What do you expect for 40 quid? The new iphone costs the best part of 600 & its a piece of shoddy shite with a self destructing battery.
Its a percentage game.
They churn out substandard garbage in the knowledge that the % of people who can actually be bothered to complain & ask for replacements (or who have the time to do so) will be very low compared to the % who will just shrug & put up with it or just dont have the time to get to the shop for a refund/replacement.So they're quids in.
It'll only get worse.The vast majority of people who DO complain & make a fuss & demand better tend to be over 40 (i.e. those of us who can still remember what life was like before culture became disposable)
Once we're gone the world will be left largely populated by people who accept shoddy goods,workmanship & service as just normal & things will spiral downward from there.

I still have a 1985 Ind Coope shirt.Bit faded & a bit bobbly but I still wear it.Logo still perfectly readable.

Bomb the bastards.

I've got one and, as yet, the sponsor logo hasn't come off. When the inevitable happens I'll be left with a nice blue shirt, in a design I like, with the Leicester badge and kit manufacturer on it. Win for me, I suppose as I like the look of the shirts without the sponsors logo on it.

I've got one and, as yet, the sponsor logo hasn't come off. When the inevitable happens I'll be left with a nice blue shirt, in a design I like, with the Leicester badge and kit manufacturer on it. Win for me, I suppose as I like the look of the shirts without the sponsors logo on it.

But I very much doubt it will look like a clean shirt with no sponsor... you'll be able to see where it's come off.

Mine started peeling a couple of weeks ago after getting it at the end of July. Not too bad at the moment but now its started I'm sure it will only be a couple of washes until lots of it has come off. I can't just pop into the club shop either, so will probably just post it to them and ask for a replacement..... which will then just peel as well.

I suppose all of those who have dodgy shirts could arrange to sit together for a televised game and hope they get zoomed in on.

That'd show 'em.

Welcome to the 21st century capitalist paradise.What do you expect for 40 quid? The new iphone costs the best part of 600 & its a piece of shoddy shite with a self destructing battery.
Its a percentage game.
They churn out substandard garbage in the knowledge that the % of people who can actually be bothered to complain & ask for replacements (or who have the time to do so) will be very low compared to the % who will just shrug & put up with it or just dont have the time to get to the shop for a refund/replacement.So they're quids in.
It'll only get worse.The vast majority of people who DO complain & make a fuss & demand better tend to be over 40 (i.e. those of us who can still remember what life was like before culture became disposable)
Once we're gone the world will be left largely populated by people who accept shoddy goods,workmanship & service as just normal & things will spiral downward from there.

I still have a 1985 Ind Coope shirt.Bit faded & a bit bobbly but I still wear it.Logo still perfectly readable.

Bomb the bastards.

I absolutely agree with the whole of this post. I've worked in a WHSmith shop for over a year and I'm well aware of how poor many products actually are. If the majority of people used their brains a bit more and thought about the quality of what they were buying in relation to the price, the world would be a very different place. I remember feeling genuinely embarrassed by things like charging £4 for a 200 sheet pad of A4 paper. It's quite incredible.

The way I see it, if there's any chance I can get a replacement, I might as well at least try.

Last edited:
This has happened to a few people I know - they've just taken the shirts back to the club shop and had them replaced immediately, sometimes without having the receipt. Obviously, if you don't live in Leicester it could be a problem. I've got the away kit at the moment, and it's been through a few washes without incident so far, but if Burrda continue to make our kits, I think I'll be giving it a miss when they bring out the next one.

It's completely unnacceptable for this to happen, especially when you pay such a premium for replica shirts. Another thing I've noticed is that the shirts seem to rip very, very easily. I've seen Howard and Bamba with ripped shirts on more than one occasion this season, down the centre of the V-neck, and the players shirts are supposed to be higher quality. This is the first shirt Burrda have made for us (IIRC the Joma shirts were simply rebadged when Burrda was announced as our kit supplier last season) and it's obviously of a very poor quality. I for one would like to see Umbro design our next kit - I've got a couple of the England kits they've made recently and they are of a very high quality IMO and I like their simple, straightforward designs. If I'm going to pay £40-£50 for a replica shirt, I'd prefer it to be of decent quality and by a reputable manufacturer.

Last edited:
If I'm going to pay £40-£50 for a replica shirt, I'd prefer it to be of decent quality and by a reputable manufacturer.

Quite right too.

The current top is like comparing something made out of tissue paper to something made out of canvas when you think of some of the tops of the past.

And another point, it's practically useless whenever I try to use it as a bath towel. Your average bath towel costs no more than a tenner, why can't this shirt deal with a little bit of water? Shambles.

I wear one so that I can bask in reflected glory with the girls. Trouble is whenever I get near the box I shoot too early and fail to score.

This has happened to a few people I know - they've just taken the shirts back to the club shop and had them replaced immediately, sometimes without having the receipt.

That appears to be the case. Here's the response I've just got from LCFC:

Thank you for your email. Please return your shirt to the Fanstore
either by post or in person and we will be able to issue you with a
replacement shirt.

Last edited:
And another point, it's practically useless whenever I try to use it as a bath towel. Your average bath towel costs no more than a tenner, why can't this shirt deal with a little bit of water? Shambles.

On the other hand, I find that it makes a highly effective wank flannel

All swings and roundabouts, innit

surely you all know to wash printed materials inside out? Jeez, don't they teach anything useful in domestic studies at school any longer?
How gay?

not sure if someone has said it but if you take it back they will replace, my son is on his 6th shirt and they exchange it every time no fuss they keep saying its a bad batch etc etc ,

I absolutely agree with the whole of this post. I've worked in a WHSmith shop for over a year and I'm well aware of how poor many products actually are. If the majority of people used their brains a bit more and thought about the quality of what they were buying in relation to the price, the world would be a very different place. I remember feeling genuinely embarrassed by things like charging £4 for a 200 sheet pad of A4 paper. It's quite incredible.

Surely £4 is a bargon. At least when u write on it the letters wont fall off

The way I see it, if there's any chance I can get a replacement, I might as well at least try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566