"King Power" lettering coming off shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

I've only ever washed my Leicester City home shirt at 40 degrees or below, but now the lettering is starting to peel off. I've only had in since mid-June and so I don't really think this is good enough.

Has this happened to anyone else, and also, if I haven't any longer got a receipt is there any chance they might still replace it at the megastore?

Last edited:
That's crazy. Have you got this season's shirt Durham?

I've only ever washed my Leicester City home shirt at 40 degrees or below, but now the lettering is starting to peel off. I've only had in since mid-June and so I don't really think this is good enough.

Has this happened to anyone else, and also, if I haven't any longer got a receipt is there any chance they might still replace it at the megastore?

Yes happening to my lads. He's got his name on the back, that lettering is fine but the front is clearly flaking away.

I'd email the fanzone address as per the OS and see what type of response you get. Ive not got round to speaking to them about my lads, if you get a reply I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

The club should replace it. A product should last a reasonable length of time. As a football shirt I think you could argue that it should last at least a season.

Yes happening to my lads. He's got his name on the back, that lettering is fine but the front is clearly flaking away.

I'd email the fanzone address as per the OS and see what type of response you get. Ive not got round to speaking to them about my lads, if you get a reply I'd be grateful if you could let me know.

I would have thought it's Burrda who should be held responsible not the club, I'd try emailing Burrda as well.

Last edited:
Surely it's Burrda who should be held responsible and emailed, not the club though?

I bought it from the club, they will be responsible. It would be up to them to take it up with Burrda.

The printing may be done completely separate and nothing to do with Burrda at all.

Just take it back. They must cost less than £5 to make, they'll just give you another (that will also **** up in time)

I'm struggling to believe you.

A student who claims to have washed his clothes more than once this term??

Apparently when this happens it is quickly followed by marriage to a minor member of the royal family, dwarf throwing competitions and jumping off a ferry in Auckland harbour and swimming to shore. You should have an exciting few weeks ahead of you.

The club should replace it. A product should last a reasonable length of time. As a football shirt I think you could argue that it should last at least a season.

If I were the club I'd argue that the shirt is still fit for purpose as a football shirt, it is merely the sponsorship logo which is falling off - and that this wouldn't be detrimental to the use and enjoyment of the shirt.

But then I am a bit of a wanker.

The sponsor on my shirt started to peel off after one wash, my Dad rang up the club shop and i'm getting a new shirt when I go up for the Blackpool game. It's a bit of a rip off to charge £40-50, and put a cheap, rubber sponsor logo. Sort it out Top!

Last edited:
I absolutely agree lanxfox jnr. At these prices they should be good quality. I've got shirts from the "Alliance and Leicester" era that have lasted better than this season's shirt! It's just not good enough.

Anyway I've emailed the club about it now so I'll let people on here know what response I get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570