Kirkland's injury - why no word ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Teamtalk.com, Kirklands injury is not serious, his back went into spasm, because of the cold weather, doesn't sound to promising given the current snow and ice.

According to Teamtalk.com, Kirklands injury is not serious, his back went into spasm, because of the cold weather, doesn't sound to promising given the current snow and ice.

The Mercury seems to have information that it's worse than that.

www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Kirkland-loan-deal-grave-danger/

The 29-year-old has suffered a reoccurrence of the back problem that has plagued his career and returned to parent club Wigan Athletic last Sunday for treatment.

He underwent a scan on the injury, which he picked up in training at the start of the week, and Eriksson said the two clubs were holding talks about his prognosis.

He said he would discover today whether Barwell-born Kirkland could resume his loan spell at his hometown club.

"He is still in Wigan, but I think today we will find out more about when he will be ready to train, and when he might be ready to play," said the City boss.

"He had a scan and we know for sure he is out this week but then we have to wait and see what answers we get. There are talks going on now about it. I believe it is a reoccurrence of the back problems. I am not sure but I think it is more or less the same thing."

The Mercury seems to have information that it's worse than that.

www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Kirkland-loan-deal-grave-danger/

The 29-year-old has suffered a reoccurrence of the back problem that has plagued his career and returned to parent club Wigan Athletic last Sunday for treatment.

He underwent a scan on the injury, which he picked up in training at the start of the week, and Eriksson said the two clubs were holding talks about his prognosis.

He said he would discover today whether Barwell-born Kirkland could resume his loan spell at his hometown club.

"He is still in Wigan, but I think today we will find out more about when he will be ready to train, and when he might be ready to play," said the City boss.

"He had a scan and we know for sure he is out this week but then we have to wait and see what answers we get. There are talks going on now about it. I believe it is a reoccurrence of the back problems. I am not sure but I think it is more or less the same thing."

Grave danger? What did I tell you? He dead!

Chris Kirkland injury may end Leicester City loan stint
Goalkeeper Chris Kirkland's loan spell at Leicester City could be cut short before he has even played a game.

The Wigan Athletic star suffered a back spasm in training last week and has returned to the Latics for treatment.

And Foxes boss Sven-Goran Eriksson said the club are waiting to see if it is worth Kirkland resuming his loan stint.

"We have him until the start of January so we have five games to go. But I don't know - we will see when he can start training," Eriksson said.

"We don't know when he can start to train again; not even Wigan or the player himself know that. So that is the problem.

"We have to see how he feels day to day. I spoke to him on Friday and he feels much better but he is not ready.

"He will need at least one week's training before he can play again."

The 29-year-old was due to make his debut against Nottingham Forest last Monday.

Kirkland, who has one England cap, has been plagued by back problems during his career.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9243569.stm

The 'Evening Post' in the North West reporting that Chris Kirkland had a back spasm and will return to Leicester this week and could feature on Saturday.

Weale has made a few mistakes of late, but would you risk hitting his confidence for a keeper that might not make it through the warm up? A fully fit Kirkland, yes please: but my inclination would be to walk away from this deal.

(just thought that I'd mention it in case Sven is a little undecided and has a shufti through this thread to help him come to a conclusion!) :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669