Kisnorbo may be on his way

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be honest i rate him as one of our best performers last year and any replacments we have already brought in have hardly been in a different league to him, id much prefer it if he stayed we need blokes like him at the club

Kisnorbo has been ranked 47th in the list of the best championship players, he has clearly been our rock this season, IMO player of the season, he wins almost everything, and is a leader, should definately stay and be made captain, we can sell him for even more in about a year, by then i would hope to see a totally different team, and a better team to that of the close season. He also scored 7 goals!!! It's a no brainer, we should surely keep him, im sure we could offer him prem football soon anyway.

Kisnorbo has been ranked 47th in the list of the best championship players, he has clearly been our rock this season, IMO player of the season, he wins almost everything, and is a leader, should definately stay and be made captain, we can sell him for even more in about a year, by then i would hope to see a totally different team, and a better team to that of the close season. He also scored 7 goals!!! It's a no brainer, we should surely keep him, im sure we could offer him prem football soon anyway.

We had one of the crappest season's in our history and he was our 'rock' and 'leader'...just shows how overrated he is

We had one of the crappest season's in our history and he was our 'rock' and 'leader'...just shows how overrated he is

Kisnorbo was about the best (least worst) player along with Hume in a side that wasn't as claimed just "mediocre "- but was utterly awful.

He would be useful next season - but if anyone was insane enough to pay £2m for him then he should be posted to them by special delivery.

I wouldn't have a clue whether he will move to Birmingham or whereever - but I would be astonished if anyone paid £2m......my guess at a valuation £800k max.

Ill tell you one thing for free, PK is never a captain, only here where our twat of a manager doesnt think you need a leader could it happen.

Ill tell you one thing for free, PK is never a captain, only here where our twat of a manager doesnt think you need a leader could it happen.

I agree with that

It wasn't long ago when he was the laughing stock in the middle of the park for us, he was terrible in the centre of midfield

I would be in the keep him camp unless the fee was at least £2m. Opinion on the defence last season can't be taken in isolation - they had minimal defensive midfield cover leaving them exposed to forwards running beyond them and whether it be Logan or Henderson neither keeper commanded the box leading to uncertainty on crosses. Kisnorbo has decent pace for a CB, which is unusual, and is a real threat at the other end on set pieces - not an easy player to replace IMO.

I would be in the keep him camp unless the fee was at least £2m. Opinion on the defence last season can't be taken in isolation - they had minimal defensive midfield cover leaving them exposed to forwards running beyond them and whether it be Logan or Henderson neither keeper commanded the box leading to uncertainty on crosses. Kisnorbo has decent pace for a CB, which is unusual, and is a real threat at the other end on set pieces - not an easy player to replace IMO.

He is fast but he has no positional sense and at times is as rash as McCarthy was. He very rarely commanded his defence, something which cannot be blamed on keeper, midfield etc...

He is fast but he has no positional sense and at times is as rash as McCarthy was. He very rarely commanded his defence, something which cannot be blamed on keeper, midfield etc...
Positionally what do you do when an opposition midfielder is running through untracked as they were doing frequently last season - come to met them and you leave space behind, don't and they may shoot - it can make any defender look bad. Agree that he doesn't seem to command the defence so in a way a strange choice as captain but I don't think that is a pre-requisite for an effective defender

Positionally what do you do when an opposition midfielder is running through untracked as they were doing frequently last season - come to met them and you leave space behind, don't and they may shoot - it can make any defender look bad. Agree that he doesn't seem to command the defence so in a way a strange choice as captain but I don't think that is a pre-requisite for an effective defender

Sorry, I meant his positioning in general

IMO an effective defender would be able to commnad his defence and those around him

I would be very much against Kisnorbo leaving. We supposedly not a selling club now so the 'good bit of business' arguments would be true last season but should not be this season. Ina poor team last season there were one or two honourable exceptions and he was one of them. As someone has pointed out too, a centre back who gets you several goals a season is a real bonus too. The only caveat to this is that if a team bids, and a bid from B'ham is very possible, then sometimes you have to let the player go even if you do not want to. It's a risk holding a player to contract, unless the bid is seriously low, if the player wants to go you pretty much have to let them nowadays it seems

I would be very much against Kisnorbo leaving. We supposedly not a selling club now so the 'good bit of business' arguments would be true last season but should not be this season. Ina poor team last season there were one or two honourable exceptions and he was one of them. As someone has pointed out too, a centre back who gets you several goals a season is a real bonus too. The only caveat to this is that if a team bids, and a bid from B'ham is very possible, then sometimes you have to let the player go even if you do not want to. It's a risk holding a player to contract, unless the bid is seriously low, if the player wants to go you pretty much have to let them nowadays it seems

Really? that's a new one.
Half the squad is on the transfer list, rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566