Kits for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ages ago people were kicking off that football shirts couldn't be sold in supermarkets (like they were in Jockland), they argued that the stores would lower prices for sale of shirts therefore kill off the shocking 'price fix' that has been on football shirts for so many years.

will be interesting to see if they sell at a more reasonable price or whether your money will just go into someone elses pockets.

ages ago people were kicking off that football shirts couldn't be sold in supermarkets (like they were in Jockland), they argued that the stores would lower prices for sale of shirts therefore kill off the shocking 'price fix' that has been on football shirts for so many years.

will be interesting to see if they sell at a more reasonable price or whether your money will just go into someone elses pockets.

Can't see that if this is an MM venture. Just another outlet to sell through, bigger market etc.

Can't see that if this is an MM venture. Just another outlet to sell through, bigger market etc.
MM isn't allowed to tell them what price to sell at. He can offer guidelines by issuing an RRP and can make it very difficult for them if they don't stick it, but he can't fix the price.

If Asda sell at 10% less then the club shop, and they sell 5x the amount, I think MM will be more than happy.

MM isn't allowed to tell them what price to sell at. He can offer guidelines by issuing an RRP and can make it very difficult for them if they don't stick it, but he can't fix the price.

If Asda sell at 10% less then the club shop, and they sell 5x the amount, I think MM will be more than happy.

Possibly but I'd have thought the market for City shirts was fairly limited. Any sales at Asda would impact on the Sales at the City shop - which may reduce profits - which I presume is MM's target.

But presumably ASDA have to buy them from/via LCFC, so we make a profit anyway. ASDA cannot just buy them wholesale from the manufacturer like tins of beans!

but they won't pay the same markup as retail.

Possibly but I'd have thought the market for City shirts was fairly limited. Any sales at Asda would impact on the Sales at the City shop - which may reduce profits - which I presume is MM's target.
I'm sure you are right, there will be one or two buying shirts from Asda instead of the club shop. But I'm equally sure Asda will generate enough new business to make that insignificant.

Last edited:
One thing you all have forgotten this kits soon to run out and a new put in place at the end of the season. :icon_wink

sell these off cheap the add the new home kit ,good bit of marketing :023:
I'm sure the buyers from Asda have completely overlooked this. What silly c**ts they are.

One thing you all have forgotten this kits soon to run out and a new put in place at the end of the season. :icon_wink

sell these off cheap the add the new home kit ,good bit of marketing :023:

I'm sure the buyers from Asda have completely overlooked this. What silly c**ts they are.

It was for you lot not them :icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll
Sorry, your post above confused me then, many apologies.

I thought you were suggesting that MM could get rid of all the old style shirts to Asda and then sell the new ones himself, ultimately leaving Asda with a load of unsaleable shirts.

I think I'm losing the plot.

Why should it bother us where, how and when they sell city shirts?

Why should it bother us where, how and when they sell city shirts?

Face........ bothered :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

tateL_228x304.jpg

Last edited:
can anybody tell me if the club buys stationary at either Viking Direct or do they stroll across the road to Staples? They could save some money there if they cross quote when buying.
Done properly I bet they could save £10 a year on tipex alone. More money for players eh?

can anybody tell me if the club buys stationary at either Viking Direct or do they stroll across the road to Staples? They could save some money there if they cross quote when buying.
Done properly I bet they could save £10 a year on tipex alone. More money for players eh?
Viking Direct is one of the best companies I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669