Lack of goals .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
webmaster said:
It would have been in the club's best interests if he'd left then, we needed the money. But he did what was best for himself at the time.

I dunno, I think he loved this club, ask yourself this.

Do you think we would have been promoted the following year without muzzy?
If no would 20mill sky money be a loss on his wages and transfer fee for the extra 2 years?

As others have said he attends games as well which must mean he has some affection for the club.

Umm I said nothing about defferals or cuts.

Add up izzet's wage costs for the 2 years he stayed as a result of not leaving the first relegation season and add to that what we would have got with transfer fee, and is it less then the extra revenue we gained for the season in the premiership?

Obviously we were a better team because he stayed - but if Muzzy had gone it may have saved us from going into administration.

It's easy to say in hindsight we were better off because he helped us get promoted, but we didn't know that at the time when we were trying to get rid of the high earners. At that time it was in the club's best interest for him to leave.

Mark De Vries must be the only striker we've had to score 2 goals in a 2-1 derby win and still be doubted by the majority of the crowd. I'm not sure what conclusion to draw from this, possibly that many Leicester fans, once they've made up their minds, close it to further evidence?

He played well on Tuesday but needs Hughes and Hume linking up with him.

Polar Bear said:
Mark De Vries must be the only striker we've had to score 2 goals in a 2-1 derby win and still be doubted by the majority of the crowd. I'm not sure what conclusion to draw from this, possibly that many Leicester fans, once they've made up their minds, close it to further evidence?

He played well on Tuesday but needs Hughes and Hume linking up with him.

Thought he had a shocker on Tuesday meself. He has 6 league goal, scored over four games. Not the best record but unfortunately the best we have at the mo

He passes to team-mates when we attack, that's all. OK, replace 'well' with 'adequately', but my original point remains. Him and Dickov, now that would be a good partnership at this level!

Polar Bear said:
He passes to team-mates when we attack, that's all. OK, replace 'well' with 'adequately', but my original point remains. Him and Dickov, now that would be a good partnership at this level!

Why do we need to play a big man up front? If we want a big man he needs to have strength and passion, like the Wigan front two last year.

beighton155 said:
Why do we need to play a big man up front? If we want a big man he needs to have strength and passion, like the Wigan front two last year.

I think thats what the whole team is missing "Strength and Passion", thats what the Leicester teams of old used to be built on, we may not have played the best football but it was the strength and definitely passion of the players that used to grind results out!

Nothing to do with him being big, it's not as if he uses his height that effectively! It's to do with his general use of the ball which he is actually good at - cf. Charlton in the Cup, Watford games. I don't think he's a worldbeater, just better than he gets credit for. And my point was actually that even goals winning a derby match haven't won over the fans! Which is pretty unusual, surely?

Polar Bear said:
Nothing to do with him being big, it's not as if he uses his height that effectively! It's to do with his general use of the ball which he is actually good at - cf. Charlton in the Cup, Watford games. I don't think he's a worldbeater, just better than he gets credit for. And my point was actually that even goals winning a derby match haven't won over the fans! Which is pretty unusual, surely?

Bring back Tommy Wright to replace him, he scored against For*st once you know ^

webmaster said:
I'm not arguing with you DF, I just think it's ridiculous that some people think Muzzy stayed with us out of loyalty, when the reason he stayed with us was because the only clubs who came in for him were in parts of the country he didn't want to move to, or they couldn't afford his wages.
spot on webbo i remeber trying to raise this point before and getting shot to the ground!

Well on izzet and mdv again.

When the adminstrators tookover they seemed to think that keeping the playing staff intact and going for promotion was more viable then asset stripping the team and staying in the same division. Izzet may have stayed because of wages only but I think there was some sense of loyalty in his decision, here he was garantueed first team football and the fans already loved him and that does mean something to a player.

On mdv he hasnt been outstanding but I stress again he is currently our best striker and its not too clever to put the only performing front man down, he cant score every game thats just been unrealistic, I think if his colleagues started chipping a few in and douglas stopped been a muppet we will start winning games. That along with craig been a bit more positive against weak teams.

Chrysalis said:
When the adminstrators tookover they seemed to think that keeping the playing staff intact and going for promotion was more viable then asset stripping the team and staying in the same division.

I wasn't talking about when we were in administration - he didn't have the chance to move then anyway.
I was talking about the summer before, when we were relegated, when we needed to reduce the wage bill. We wanted to get rid of the likes of Elliott, Jones, Flowers, Royce, Lewis etc, who were all on big money, but no one wanted them. An offer was accepted for Izzet to go to Middlesbrough, but he turned it down, because he didn't want to move that far north. We ended up selling our most promising young player (Matt Piper), but the wages were the real killer, and getting Muzzy's £30,000 a week off the wage bill would have made a big difference. At that time if we were told that the option was to sell Muzzy or risk going into administration (with no guarantee of surviving), there was only one option the club could have taken.

Last edited:
I agree with that, we all will never know if he stayed on loyalty or solely just for cash and not wanting to go north, we also wont know if it would have stopped us going into administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669