last.fm Practise

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

Re: Incorporating A Media Player

Having played with the last.fm thing I think it's probably the best option - if I can get it to work with the forum.

I've now added a new field to member profiles, for people to add their last.fm username. Go to your user cp, then edit profile, to put the user name in at the bottom of the page.

In the next few days I'll try to write a program to automatically pull the recently played list off the last.fm site and display it somewhere here.

You can also get images from the last.fm site to show your recently played tracks, plus charts of your favourite tracks etc.

The image below should automatically update every 10 minutes or so, it's one of the standard images provided by last.fm

Jefff66.gif

They can also provide the data as a text file, which I think would be better, although it would require more programming to integrate it into the site.

webmaster said:
The image below should automatically update every 10 minutes or so, it's one of the standard images provided by last.fm

Jefff66.gif

They can also provide the data as a text file, which I think would be better, although it would require more programming to integrate it into the site.
I've just finished my sign up for last fm.

Still alot to learn, where and how do we get this image to appear on Talking Balls. I hope it is near our username because I can't see a username on the image you posted

Melton Fox said:
Still alot to learn, where and how do we get this image to appear on Talking Balls. I hope it is near our username because I can't see a username on the image you posted

I haven't done anything yet to automatically make the image appear, I just posted that as an example of the sort of thing the last.fm site can generate - you can add the images to any post, or to your user pages.

If you put your last.fm username in your profile, then when/if I manage to automatically use the last.fm data your playlist will appear somewher, just don't know the best way to handle it yet.

webmaster said:
Then set the correct time zone in your last fm profile, and put your last.fm user name in your talking balls profile.
Should I have an option in my user profile to put this info, because I don't.

Just the usual MSN, skype, icq etc

newtonfox said:
ok got it ,now what melts
Don't know yet, I can't remember how I have done what I've done so far.

If Webbo hasn't answered before me, I'll let you know as soon as I am confident of not giving you wrong info.

Just keep playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570