Last.fm your top artists last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jefff66.gif

you dont really want know.......:icon_cool

would it be the Adverts by any chance? ;)

Webbo, I noticed on our profile page there is a text field for our last.fm username with the label "If you have a last.fm user name enter it here to enable automatic display of your recently played songs"

When & where will these be displayed?

Last edited:
Webbo, I noticed on our profile page there is a text field for our last.fm username with the label "If you have a last.fm user name enter it here to enable automatic display of your recently played songs"

When & where will these be displayed?

My original intention was to extract the last played song info and add it as part of the sig every time someone makes a post.
The problem with that is that the last.fm site is frequently down/slow, so this would have an effect on the performance of the forum and may stop posts from being added.

So what I plan to do instead, when I have time, is add a link to someone's profile (or maybe below their avatar), which will go to a page of info about what that person has been listening to. Needs a bit of programming though and I've not found the time to do it yet, so I don't want to promise a timescale.

Didn't listen to much on the PC last week. I used the more traditional method of listening

My original intention was to extract the last played song info and add it as part of the sig every time someone makes a post.
The problem with that is that the last.fm site is frequently down/slow, so this would have an effect on the performance of the forum and may stop posts from being added.

So what I plan to do instead, when I have time, is add a link to someone's profile (or maybe below their avatar), which will go to a page of info about what that person has been listening to. Needs a bit of programming though and I've not found the time to do it yet, so I don't want to promise a timescale.

is it possible for the forum to automaticly put things in people's signatures? some how use the usernames in people's profiles to create an image link. you can set it so it only displays one song, no massive images that way.

the urls are the same for everyone except for the username

eg
NathanIsJesus.gif

Last edited:
is it possible for the forum to automaticly put things in people's signatures? some how use the usernames in people's profiles to create an image link. you can set it so it only displays one song, no massive images that way.

The point of putting it in the sig would be to indicate what someone was listening to at the time they were posting.
The images update automatically, so they show what people were listening to at the time you look at the image (or shortly before), not at the time the post was made.

My top artists last week:

Limp Bizkit - 29 plays
Robbie Williams - 21 plays
Queen - 15 plays
Oasis - 10 plays
Nickelback - 10 plays
Nirvana - 9 plays
Bon Jovi - 7 plays
Coldplay - 6 plays
Alien Ant Farm - 6 plays
Puddle of Mudd - 6 plays

My top overall artists:

Limp Bizkit - 86 plays
Queen - 73 plays
Robbie Williams - 60 plays
Bon Jovi - 34 plays
Coldplay - 32 plays
Puddle of Mudd - 32 plays
Oasis - 31 plays
Nickelback - 30 plays
Hard Fi - 30 plays
It Bites - 24 plays

The point of putting it in the sig would be to indicate what someone was listening to at the time they were posting.
The images update automatically, so they show what people were listening to at the time you look at the image (or shortly before), not at the time the post was made.

unless you cached the image & linked it to that post, but seems like a lot of effort, & bandwidth, for very little gain

My last FM seems to have stopped working.
It hasn't updated since the week ending 24th September even though I have listened to quite a bit of music on my computer.
Anyone have a clue why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570