Last.fm your top artists last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last FM seems to have stopped working.
It hasn't updated since the week ending 24th September even though I have listened to quite a bit of music on my computer.
Anyone have a clue why?

Do you listen to music through Media Player?

I set it to scrobble any songs I listen too through i tunes.

Jefff66.gif

How do you create these chart thingy-ma-jiggies?? do you have to write the code yourself?? i hope not........

How do you create these chart thingy-ma-jiggies?? do you have to write the code yourself?? i hope not........
I'm not sure how "up to speed" you are with www.last.fm If you don't know about it, click on that link.

We are all members have a Talking Balls group where we can view each others listening habits. Join up and then join the group, you d/load the software which runs in the background of your specified music player and records your listening habits and also makes reccommendations based upon them. It's good

I'm not sure how "up to speed" you are with www.last.fm If you don't know about it, click on that link.

We are all members have a Talking Balls group where we can view each others listening habits. Join up and then join the group, you d/load the software which runs in the background of your specified music player and records your listening habits and also makes reccommendations based upon them. It's good

I have had the software installed for a few days now, i think its been working, the last.fm thing is in the taskbar and it says its scrobbing so i believe it, just can't find them chart things.

I also added myself to the group as this was where i herd about www.last.fm but i think my 'membership' is pending.

I have had the software installed for a few days now, i think its been working, the last.fm thing is in the taskbar and it says its scrobbing so i believe it, just can't find them chart things.

I also added myself to the group as this was where i herd about www.last.fm but i think my 'membership' is pending.
I accepted you yesterday, I'm sure the others will soon.

In the charts that you see on your profile page, underneath each chart you should see "add this to my website" (or similair), click the link and then choose your chart. Copy the HTML code that it gives you and then paste into a post on here.

Simple when you've done it once, let us know how you get on

What's your username?

OK cheers for the help, all seems to be working now, I have been added to the group. Think im down like a clown charlie brown with them charts as well, i'll give it a go

this one doesn't seem to be working 100%, because as you can see from the previous post that i have listened to a number of Plan B songs but he does not appear in my top artists when there are artists in there that i have listened to less!! Any suggestions???

Last edited:

this one doesn't seem to be working 100%, because as you can see from the previous post that i have listened to a number of Plan B songs but he does not appear in my top artists when there are artists in there that i have listened to less!! Any suggestions???

The overall charts get updated once a week (Sunday night i think it is) not just as you go along

My original intention was to extract the last played song info and add it as part of the sig every time someone makes a post.
The problem with that is that the last.fm site is frequently down/slow, so this would have an effect on the performance of the forum and may stop posts from being added.

So what I plan to do instead, when I have time, is add a link to someone's profile (or maybe below their avatar), which will go to a page of info about what that person has been listening to. Needs a bit of programming though and I've not found the time to do it yet, so I don't want to promise a timescale.

how is this plan coming along J?

and the be goof tanyas i noticed they are your link in your profile, they are playing the DMH on monday arent they? you going?

how is this plan coming along J?

It's not got anywhere yet, I'm concentrating on 'proper' work and arguing with people on here at the moment.

and the be goof tanyas i noticed they are your link in your profile, they are playing the DMH on monday arent they? you going?

The link is to one of my sites :icon_cool

The Be Good Tanyas are my second ranked artists on Last.FM, Kathryn Williams is my top artist - and she's supporting the BGTs on their UK tour, so I'm not missing the chance to see them both on the same night. Then I'll see them again in Cov on Saturday. Being a sad bastard I've got no one to go with though, don't know anyone with the same crap taste in music who is not ashamed to be seen in public with me :icon_cry:

Being a sad bastard I've got no one to go with though, don't know anyone with the same crap taste in music who is not ashamed to be seen in public with me :icon_cry:

I have that same problem, that's why all the live shows I've seen are of crap bands I don't like. i saw The Flaming Lips though, but only 'cos I went on my own...

Being a sad bastard I've got no one to go with though, don't know anyone with the same crap taste in music who is not ashamed to be seen in public with me :icon_cry:

If you pay then I'll join you. :icon_wink :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670