Latest DJ report

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Holloway probably knows more about Campbell than Pearson: he managed him at City and during his loan spell at Blackpool.

He didn't.

What I find odd about the whole deal is that DJ's unhappiness at City seems to stem from our relegation season, so why on earth would he want to play for a club managed by the numpty who got us relegated and presumably contributed to his unhappiness at his current club?

Hollowhead kisses his arse and Pearson does not. :102:

What I find odd about the whole deal is that DJ's unhappiness at City seems to stem from our relegation season, so why on earth would he want to play for a club managed by the numpty who got us relegated and presumably contributed to his unhappiness at his current club?

My guess is that DJs unhappiness comes from believing that he should be in the team ahead of Fryatt and the realisation that no one else shares that belief.
If I was to be annoyed at a manager over DJ it would be Martin Allen who bought him and not Ian Holloway who if my memory is correct dropped him in favour of Fryatt.

Ian Holloway who if my memory is correct dropped him in favour of Fryatt.

Well that's my point - why on earth would DJ want to play for Blackpool if that was the case when Holloway was at City?

Pearson interviewed on radio leics tonight...

DJ played for the reserves and scored two goals, could he feature against Barnsley?

Pearson: "NO".

Last edited:
Tell us what you really think Nigel!

I didn't here the interview myself (it was a family member) but apparently it was as blunt as you can get. I guess that rules him out of the situation. Pearson also mentioned that Waghorn and Howard were definate non starters against Barnsley.

I didn't here the interview myself (it was a family member) but apparently it was as blunt as you can get. I guess that rules him out of the situation. Pearson also mentioned that Waghorn and Howard were definate non starters against Barnsley.

It's on the Official Site that Waghorn and Howard are out for the Barnsley match, and maybe for a couple of weeks.

If Howard is out for 2 weeks he might not miss many games, hopefully just Barnsley PNE and Newcastle

This could mean that we have to learn another approach other than 'hit the big man'. Overall it could be in our favour to have a few different styles of play as the season wears on?

We were playing some of our best football in years when he went off at Sheff Yoo. So little reason to worry. With two proper wingers and two very good passers of the ball in the middle, we have a lot more quality there than previously.

We were playing some of our best football in years when he went off at Sheff Yoo. So little reason to worry. With two proper wingers and two very good passers of the ball in the middle, we have a lot more quality there than previously.

This is very true. We were awesome in that 1st half.

This is very true. We were awesome in that 1st half.

But we didn't score, though, did we ?

No use playing lovely tippy tappy passing football if we've got no one up front who can actually stick the fecker in the onion bag

But we didn't score, though, did we ?

No use playing lovely tippy tappy passing football if we've got no one up front who can actually stick the fecker in the onion bag
A good point, well put, sir.

Thank goodness we've just signed the prolific Gallagher! :icon_roll

In reality though, he's a decent player, we've got a good squad, an excellent manager and, whether we score a bagfull of goals or not, we're still set for a good season and I predict our highest league finish in quite some years.

So... happy days :icon_cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670