Latest from Levein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

The OS has updated the Jordan story with some comments from Levein about what's going on. Thought this was probably worthy of its own post, if not then feel free to delete it or whatever..

Speaking from the club's Loughborough University based training camp, City boss Craig Levein revealed that it was certainly a busy time on the transfer front.

He said: "There are a lot of things happening behind the scenes at the moment with regard to players coming in and players going out.

"I would imagine that this time next week things will have settled down a bit. I think by then we would have had two or three out and two or three in.

"We are getting there. We have got a couple of lads on trial at the moment who we are keen on having a look at.

"We have also got two possibilities at centre-back and hopefully they will both work out in our favour. I am about 75 per cent confident on both of them, although I have been involved in football for long enough to know that anything can happen.

"I am still looking. The fact that Jordan has left means that the left back position becomes another priority. I had hoped to sign Mo Camara but he chose to go to Celtic. He would have been a good player for us. But we have a number of other players in mind for that position though."

Anyone (aka MB ;)) know who these players we have on trial are?

And am I the only one who is slightly worried that we've sold Jordan, yet Levein has missed out on Mo Camara and apparently Ulrik Laursen in the left back position as well? He now has to go to his 3rd choice it would seem..

Graz said:
The OS has updated the Jordan story with some comments from Levein about what's going on. Thought this was probably worthy of its own post, if not then feel free to delete it or whatever..

Speaking from the club's Loughborough University based training camp, City boss Craig Levein revealed that it was certainly a busy time on the transfer front.

He said: "There are a lot of things happening behind the scenes at the moment with regard to players coming in and players going out.

"I would imagine that this time next week things will have settled down a bit. I think by then we would have had two or three out and two or three in.

"We are getting there. We have got a couple of lads on trial at the moment who we are keen on having a look at.

"We have also got two possibilities at centre-back and hopefully they will both work out in our favour. I am about 75 per cent confident on both of them, although I have been involved in football for long enough to know that anything can happen.

"I am still looking. The fact that Jordan has left means that the left back position becomes another priority. I had hoped to sign Mo Camara but he chose to go to Celtic. He would have been a good player for us. But we have a number of other players in mind for that position though."

Anyone (aka MB ;)) know who these players we have on trial are?

And am I the only one who is slightly worried that we've sold Jordan, yet Levein has missed out on Mo Camara and apparently Ulrik Laursen in the left back position as well? He now has to go to his 3rd choice it would seem..

i was told by a friend who does some training at city that we have some young lads from ajax on trial.

yes of course we definately need defensive players in A.S.A.P. but with Tiatto and Sheehan able to operate at left back then it's not as bleak as all that really...

londonfox said:
yes of course we definately need defensive players in A.S.A.P. but with Tiatto and Sheehan able to operate at left back then it's not as bleak as all that really...

If Tiatto plays left back then who plays left wing? ;) Wilcox?

Graz said:
If Tiatto plays left back then who plays left wing? ;) Wilcox?

Wilcox or Hughes I would guess with Williams in the middle... or it could be, assuming no LBis brought in, Sheehan playing LB with Tiatto on the wing.

See, many many options

Im guessing , Kenton , Laursen and a striker in with Sticks , Canero and Wright departing! :D

latest from Craig...
"I'm a mad Scottish bastard who wants a squad of 11 semi talented utility players on minimum wage, don't worry about injuries or suspensions, that ain't gonna happen pal."

Hazzman said:
Kisborno is a left sided player.
If you notice on the pre-season pics Wright is training with the side. Yet there is no Heath or Canero.
Canero is there on the first picture standing towards to back

MKFox said:
latest from Craig...
"I'm a mad Scottish bastard who wants a squad of 11 semi talented utility players on minimum wage, don't worry about injuries or suspensions, that ain't gonna happen pal."

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

MKFox said:
latest from Craig...

Obviously not a CL fan then MK?

Last edited:
highland fox said:
Obviously not a CL fan then MK?
He hasn't proved himself yet highland. I really hope he does for our sakes, but I'm growing more concerned about our team as each day passes.
To be fair, I don't care if Bonny Langford is our manager just as long as we start playing with some passion.

MKFox said:
He hasn't proved himself yet highland. I really hope he does for our sakes, but I'm growing more concerned about our team as each day passes.
To be fair, I don't care if Bonny Langford is our manager just as long as we start playing with some passion.

Fair enough MK but give him some time eh.He's undertaking a virtual 'Rebuild' here and is also being told by the Board to slash the wage bill,no easy job.I'm not concerned about anybody he's let go and I'll judge his signings after they have played a number of matches.I definately think you will see the team play with passion,I read quite a few Interviews with CL up here before he became our Manager and one thing he does want to see is his team playing with some passion.If a player doesn't give 110% then they won't be in the side.

I am with Highland on this one - levein will demand 100% effort and commitment.

I am confident he will do as good a job as anyone else could with the cards hehas been dealt!

highland fox said:
Fair enough MK but give him some time eh
I am, that is why I'm not tipping us for promotion. Some call me negative, but I am just being realistic with CL and the players he has. I just hope everyone else will do the same and not get on our players backs if it doesn't work out straight away...
However, I'm not going to sing that he is the saviour just yet. The days of blind optimism are long gone. He is the current custodian of our club and nothing else.
Earn our support Craig.

Considering the team starts its pre season matches this weekend at Kettering, Levein had better shake a leg and get a few more players in if he wants us to be a bonded solid unit by the first game of the season.

Sorry, I'm 100% confident that things are being done behind the scenes, its just that the anticipation is killing me!!!:075:

Care to tease us anymore MB?:secret: (bet you are fecking sick of being asked, so thats my first and last time).

Hazzman said:
Kisborno is a left sided player.

No, no, no!

Kisborno is a spelling mistake!!

MKFox said:
I am, that is why I'm not tipping us for promotion. Some call me negative, but I am just being realistic with CL and the players he has. I just hope everyone else will do the same and not get on our players backs if it doesn't work out straight away...
However, I'm not going to sing that he is the saviour just yet. The days of blind optimism are long gone. He is the current custodian of our club and nothing else.
Earn our support Craig.

I'll probaly get slated for this but its the one area i couldn't slag Peter Taylor off for. CL and PT have both been in the category of having a thankless task with city for different reasons. CL joined up with us and was told there was no money to spend , wages to cut, and players to ship out. CL will hope that the fans give him long enough and understand that that the club is still very much in a difficult fianancial postion. PT however blew the clubs resources on poor quality and over valued players, a thing that most of us blame him for to this day. It must be remembered though that Taylors thankless task was taking over from probaly one of the best managers we've ever had. IMO Leicester's fans who were spoilt by the MON era, would not have even accepted the side being in the bottom 6 of the prem under Taylor because of the MON years. He was doomed from the start and in hindsight probaly a poor choice to make for his first serious go at league management. I have a feeling that Taylor will come back to haunt us one day, and prove himself a decent manager. As far as CL is concerned i expect that the fickle brigade will have their way before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669