lazzers eating out guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bowman - Hucknall, Nottingham

Two for one establishment, excellent service, food piping hot, plenty of it too.

4 adults, 1 child all had a main course and 2 drinks each - £40. An absolute bargain.

8/10

Altra Mondo, Hinckley. Distinctly average 6/10 at best :018:

I asked someone from Hinckley about there and was told it was ok but the owners could be quite "sniffy" (whatever that means!).

I went to the Jasmine Restaurant(chinese set price buffet) in Hinckley on Friday night. Food obviously as plentiful as you want it, fairly good choice, reasonable quality, very clean, good service 8/10.

The dessert selection was interesting : choc profiteroles, choc gateaux, lemon tart, bakewell tart, doughnuts etc... is there such a thing as a chinese dessert?

Surprised you didn’t like it. Was it the service or the food or both?

A bit of both. Didnt mind the slow service too much though as we were making a night of it anyway. Thought the food was really average and very old fashioned! and not particularly Italian either!!

Wont go back.

A bit of both. Didnt mind the slow service too much though as we were making a night of it anyway. Thought the food was really average and very old fashioned! and not particularly Italian either!!

Wont go back.
Now I'm intrigued.

What's deemed as "old fashioned"?

I asked someone from Hinckley about there and was told it was ok but the owners could be quite "sniffy" (whatever that means!).

I went to the Jasmine Restaurant(chinese set price buffet) in Hinckley on Friday night. Food obviously as plentiful as you want it, fairly good choice, reasonable quality, very clean, good service 8/10.

The dessert selection was interesting : choc profiteroles, choc gateaux, lemon tart, bakewell tart, doughnuts etc... is there such a thing as a chinese dessert?

Its quite good there. Agree on the 'desserts' :)

Erm yes, I suppose. First time Ive eaten Cauliflour cheese in an Italian restaraunt :icon_conf

So basically it wasn’t “hip and trendy” enough for you.
:icon_lol:

So basically it wasn’t “hip and trendy” enough for you.
:icon_lol:

Not at all. I like lots of places that arent hip and trendy and lets be honest you know its not going to be like that just looking at it from the outside.

For the cost of the meal for 6 we could have eaten at Ashfields down the road. The food would have been 3 times as good and there would have been more room etc.

Fair enough, I have never been to Ashfield’s must try it sometime.

If you like Altra Mondo then you will think Ashfields is out of this world and bloody cheap as well!!

Agreed, I've never had a bad meal at Ashfields, even when my mother in law held her 70th birthday party there and there was a very large group of us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670