Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took mrs HTB to the Plough Inn, Normanton on Soar, last night. Very good food and service.
At £53 for 4 drinks, 2 starters, 2 mains and 1 dessert, I'd say the price was bloody good as well.
I had a lovely Fillet steak, mrs had chicken in a red wine sauce. Plenty of side dishes as well.
Today we went and saw the film John Carter at vue. Showing was 11.30, so when we came out it was feeding time. On the back of the ticket was 2 main meals for £10 at Bella Italia. Never been there before, so thought we'd try it out.
Very impressed, ok the offer is for salads, pasta and pizza. However, it was the best pizza I've had for a very long time. We'll go again.

Good, I'm going there on Thursday.

I have never eaten there but when I was in there the food did look very nice. Although I dont wear colours i just think if they dont want city fans money then i wont give it them.

Had lunch at Joule's eating house today. Its behind Joules clothes shop on high st Harborough.

Lovely! I had the Carribean soup, bird had Chicken & bacon Salad, mum had Tuna sandwiches and salad. total £17 with a drink each, very generous helpings (particularly the chicken & bacon salad), and very interesting surroundings - we were in the back area through the yard.

Its actually in the Times top 30 places to eat (or so they claim). Second time I've been there and both times have been excellent

Had lunch at Joule's eating house today. Its behind Joules clothes shop on high st Harborough.

Lovely! I had the Carribean soup, bird had Chicken & bacon Salad, mum had Tuna sandwiches and salad. total £17 with a drink each, very generous helpings (particularly the chicken & bacon salad), and very interesting surroundings - we were in the back area through the yard.

Its actually in the Times top 30 places to eat (or so they claim). Second time I've been there and both times have been excellent

I have been here too - great place for lunch :)

I had a decent rib-eye steak at the Man at Arms Bitterswell last night and two lovely pints of Doom Bar.

I had a decent rib-eye steak at the Man at Arms Bitterswell last night and two lovely pints of Doom Bar.

Had a lovely pint of Doombar at the Foxton Lock Inn.

Had a cracking meal at the Angel Inn Coleorton this afternoon.

As I am not a regular eater-out I'm looking for somewhere to take the new girlfriend out for an evening meal.
I've looked through roughly 60-70 pages on here (yes at this hour I have nothing to do but look through here for ideas!) and have narrowed them down to this:

Cini
Colourworks
Royal Oak at Kirby Muxloe
The Copt Oak
Crown (the?)

Is there any of those 5 that would be highly recommended?

Also looked on a few other sites and found The Gate Bistro & Slate restaurant, can anyone shed any light here?

If you fancy a few drinks as well, try Bistro Pierre in town. If your looking for pub surroundings ie Royal Oak, try The Bull at broughton astley

For the record I thought The Royal Oak was poor. Steak was over cooked and the hair in my wife's risotto was passed off as "not a problem"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670