LCFC Announce 2011/12 Financial Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that you have some members in one thread suggesting NP should be sacked in the summer if we don't get promoted - which will result in extra financial costs, through compensation, new transfers, etc, etc. Yet post in here saying the owners are spending too much and we are going to end up in trouble.

The rise in salary costs after having to pay off the contracts for several crap players

Depends on how long Pearson's contract is though?

Last edited:
Just checked.....He's only got a year left on his contract, so we wouldn't be paying out too much in compensation if we decided to let him go at the end of the season

Just checked.....He's only got a year left on his contract, so we wouldn't be paying out too much in compensation if we decided to let him go at the end of the season

Costs go way beyond just paying off NP's contract.. because a new manager is highly likely to:
a) bring in his own choice of coaching staff (certainly CS & SW would most likely depart with NP, and then a new manager may not have such a belief in sports science than NP)
b) overhaul the squad, as it's rare for 2 managers to want the same squad, particularly if their playing style differs (that's where Swansea have been estute in appointing managers in succession with the same approach)

Due to Financial Fair Play we should see far more stability next season, as clubs will realise that changing the manager could quickly lead to failing FFP due to the expenditure then incurred

Costs go way beyond just paying off NP's contract.. because a new manager is highly likely to:
a) bring in his own choice of coaching staff (certainly CS & SW would most likely depart with NP, and then a new manager may not have such a belief in sports science than NP)
b) overhaul the squad, as it's rare for 2 managers to want the same squad, particularly if their playing style differs (that's where Swansea have been estute in appointing managers in succession with the same approach)

Due to Financial Fair Play we should see far more stability next season, as clubs will realise that changing the manager could quickly lead to failing FFP due to the expenditure then incurred

Which was the point I was trying to get across.

I think if and when Pearson goes, we're going to go for a manager that adopts a passing and creative game and therefore would be able to utilise the likes of Knockaert et al. I do see your point on financial fair play but to be honest I think the owners would prefer to risk the fine and get promotion rather than stick with a manager they and a lot of the supporters have lost faith in

I think if and when Pearson goes, we're going to go for a manager that adopts a passing and creative game and therefore would be able to utilise the likes of Knockaert et al. I do see your point on financial fair play but to be honest I think the owners would prefer to risk the fine and get promotion rather than stick with a manager they and a lot of the supporters have lost faith in

Have they lost faith then?

Have they lost faith then?

No, definitely not. I met them last week to give them an aura reading and to massage their chakras. They specifically said that they still have faith in both Nigel and in my psychic abilities.

They were very impressed when I told them that I could see them travelling great distances on business and that they would have lots of fun in a team game involving horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669