LCFC clip2plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how you've worked out that driving is cheaper.

It's easy. You don't take all the costs into account. It's the antithesis of the argument that says that going to a match costs well over a hundred quid, because you've got to add in the cost of the half-time pies, pre-match beer etc., etc.

Last edited:
It's easy. You don't take all the costs into account. It's the antithesis of the argument that says that going to a match costs well over a hundred quid, because you've got to add in the cost of the half-time pies, pre-match beer etc., etc.
It might be the same thing, ie using false logic to avoid doing something you say you would prefer to do but in fact don't want to. This, for some reason, annoys me.

I loathe public transport because of the odious people one has to rub up against.

I much prefer to take my own vehicle when dogging.

I loathe public transport because of the odious people one has to rub up against.
This is another thing to consider of course. The very worst people in society use, and often operate or are employed on, public transport. One should always consider potential encounters with such scum before purchasing a ticket.

It still doesn't add up. If you book your journeys far enough in advance, public transport is vastly cheaper.
When it is cheaper, I use public transport. But despite what you're saying, it is not always cheaper. I apologise most humbly for not being so specific in my original post. :icon_roll

Why are you thanking me? You should thank your maths teacher.

Ha ha ha. :icon_roll

Oh, and I am capable of factoring the full cost of motoring into the equation. Thank you.

One other point, if you own a car then the cost of the car would still be there whether you use it for away games or not. For that reason it would be unfair to factor in the purchase price when comparing to public transport for a one-off match!

In fact, when you already own a car the more you use it the cheaper it becomes :icon_lol:

Last edited:
It still doesn't add up. If you book your journeys far enough in advance, public transport is vastly cheaper.
I think you've neglected to factor in the time cost. Especially at Leesoh's stiff hourly rate.

Thanks Cate. Much appreciated :icon_bigg

cate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673