LCFC Players at The Euros

Lako42

Didn't even realise we were playing Scotland.

Cool

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Certainly not helpful for the players to get booed by their own fans every time they step on the pitch. ****ing stupid.
Perhaps it wasn't the players being booed. Perhaps they were booing the fact that three of the players who were picked for last night's friendly are not even in the 26-man squad for the competition. Now that is ****ing stupid.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps it wasn't the players being booed. Perhaps they were booing the fact that three of the players who were picked for last night's friendly are not even in the 26-man squad for the competition. Now that is ****ing stupid.
The other players were involved because no Manchester City or Chelsea players were available last night.

Lako42

One thing I'm picking up on is that the nation doesn't seem to give two flying shits about this tournament.

No flags in houses or cars that usually greet a big tournament, most people don;t even know who's in the group stage (including me until last week)

Football, and especially international versions have just reached saturation point Imo. It's losing it's appeal.

camberwell fox

One thing I'm picking up on is that the nation doesn't seem to give two flying shits about this tournament.

No flags in houses or cars that usually greet a big tournament, most people don;t even know who's in the group stage (including me until last week)

Football, and especially international versions have just reached saturation point Imo. It's losing it's appeal.
Its very unusual for me, but I don't give a shit anymore (of course this may change when it is underway), but I have always watched International football with the ideology that the best of the best were representing their country.

Sadly this has eroded over the last decade to the point that if a player has half a dozen good games, they are a shoe-in for England. This just devalues the Engand team.

As we also have no-one in the England team I find myself (as others) gravitating towards Belgium, Turkey, France and so on.

Pointless friendlies breaking up a season time after time, also doesn't help.

M17TT C

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Asda at Worcester has two St George's crosses, two Saltires and two Dreigiau Cochion strung across the manned checkouts - that's it; I've seen nothing more. I still don't know who we've got in the group though I'm presuming that neither Romania nor Austria will feature.
I've also had an email link from a pub in Sandwich; I only have to click on it to see the games they will be showing apparently.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

FOX Franks

We still don't have a Euros chat on this forum. I think that summarises it.

parafox

It doesn't help when we have an out of his depth wanker as England manager and Maguire's injury on top of our already shoddy defence means we'll be playing some absolutely turgid football to try and grind out wins.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Manchester City3886
2Manchester Utd3874
3Liverpool3869
4Chelsea3867
5Leicester3866
6West Ham Utd3865
7Tottenham 3862
8Arsenal3861
9Leeds Utd3859
10Everton3859