Lee Wilkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy as this may seem. I just went to the toilet, and pickeed up 'Motson's football obsession' turn to the next page i was reading (having recieved it for christmas) and a section on the cruciet ligament came up!! :eek:

any way this is what it says( sorry if the spelling is dodgy, i am writing this out from it and i cant be arsed to take to much time)

There are two cruciete ligements- the posterier and the anterier- which cross over in the middle to stop your knee sliding back and forward. The medial collateralligaments stop the joints wobbling from side to side. crucietes tend to get damaged by twisting movements or a high tackle to the side of the knee. for proffesionalls surgery is usually the best option.

hope thats shed some light ( though nkot sure it will)

Country Fox said:
any medical ppl out there - is a cruciate injury the sort of injury that often re-occurs?

After tearing a cruciate it will never heal as strongly, and the player is likely to always have knee problems. My Mrs. is a Surgeon

Big, thick and Mince...very awkward with the ball at his feet and has a tendency to score an own goal or two.. :lol:

Gorgie Jambo said:
Big, thick and Mince...very awkward with the ball at his feet and has a tendency to score an own goal or two.. :lol:

From Frank Sinclair to John Curtis, to Matt Heath, I think he will fit right in to our squad

He has apparently 'played down the link with Leicester'. I think we all know what this means...hes on his way! :lol:

Great, another player with knees like Jason Wilcox! They will always be weak, but it doesn't mean to say he can't have a good career. Niall Quinn did his cruciate and when he came back went on to score a lot of goals. In his first three seasons he and Kevin Philips scored 128 league goals between themselves...so its not impossible to have a carrer after this injury...you just always have to be careful.

Not promising a player like Quinny though...from what has been said he sounds like a donkey! :roll:

Wilkie

Im sure that CL would have Webster at the top of hiscentral defender wish list. e looks a class above Wilkie. But sooner or later Hearts will get pissed off us poaching thir players and start asking silly money for those under contract.
CL may feel that Wilkie is second choiceand because he is injured and soon out of contract will be within our reach.

Re: Wilkie

dpjfox said:
Im sure that CL would have Webster at the top of hiscentral defender wish list. e looks a class above Wilkie. But sooner or later Hearts will get pissed off us poaching thir players and start asking silly money for those under contract.
CL may feel that Wilkie is second choiceand because he is injured and soon out of contract will be within our reach.

Webster looks like he will re-sign with Hearts and see out his career. Plus we don't have that kind of money.

I wouldn't say Wilkie was a 'Donkey' just a bit on the clumsy side.Championship standard maybe,Premiership nah...

highland fox said:
I wouldn't say Wilkie was a 'Donkey' just a bit on the clumsy side.Championship standard maybe,Premiership nah...

In which case if it were left to me I would say no. I don't think we should be going for maybe, we should be going for players that can do it in the Championship, and have the potential to do it in the prem. Sadly they cost more than we currently have! :( :roll: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669