Post Match Leeds 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly even game, if you're honest you say they edged it in terms of the better play. Fine margins with the disallowed goal and effort from Tielemans before half time. Ultimately though we didn't really deserve to win it again. Not bad as such but all a bit 'meh'.....

We are painful to watch, obviously as a fab I watch games through but ****ing hell it’s hard to watch.

Has no one spoken to the defence and midfield about this passing along the back shit? ****ing hell, I lost count of how many times we played ourselves into trouble or gave the ball away.

Movement is key and we move like a ****ing oil tanker. Pedestrian shit of the highest order.

in would love to know how many 50/50 balls we lost today. We look like everyone’s got long Covid.

Wrong from the start. I questioned playing Ndidi and Soumare in the pre-match thread (well, I wrote 'hmmmm' - same thing!). That was always going to be way too laborious against a Leeds team that everyone with a brain cell knows will play the only way Bielsa knows how. We were way too sloppy in possession and far too slow in moving the ball forward.

Something really isn't right and we look so bereft of ideas. We really don't look like a unit at the moment and we are devoid of any desire to win some games. It really does feel like we are going through the motions during some matches.

Ndidi and Schmeichel get a pass. The rest were shit.

Terrible line up, even worse substitutions.

The fact that we finished the match with 5 defenders, Ndidi, Soumare and KDH…with Daka and Iheanacho on the bench, is nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.

Ndidi and Schmeichel get a pass. The rest were shit.

Terrible line up, even worse substitutions.

The fact that we finished the match with 5 defenders, Ndidi, Soumare and KDH…with Daka and Iheanacho on the bench, is nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.
Go on then, tell us your starting team?

I never buy into the, ‘well what’s your starting 11’ argument as a defence to criticism of selection. Personally speaking, I would be happy to pick a starting 11 when the club pay me for the privilege. After I have then had the benefit of all of the transfer windows that the current manager has had, I would then be happy for people to start to draw fair comparisons.

Well clearly it should have been either Maddison or Iheanacho behind Vardy, instead of Soumare.
Maddison who's been ill or Iheanacho who's been off form recently. You may be right but we don't really know if that would have been the right choice.

Maddison who's been ill or Iheanacho who's been off form recently. You may be right but we don't really know if that would have been the right choice.
Iheanacho has had a couple of average games by his recent high standards, but will always be a better option than Soumare in that position.

Iheanacho has had a couple of average games by his recent high standards, but will always be a better option than Soumare in that position.
This is just common sense. And I thought Soumare broke up a lot of their attacks and in a defensive sense had a decent game. But playing the three we did in midfield was negative from the very start.

And, does anyone know what Lookman’s best position is? Cos our manager doesn’t.

This is just common sense. And I thought Soumare broke up a lot of their attacks and in a defensive sense had a decent game. But playing the three we did in midfield was negative from the very start.

And, does anyone know what Lookman’s best position is? Cos our manager doesn’t.
Left wing, which is where we never play him.

A desperate signing if ever I’ve seen one. He was woeful today.

In the ****ing reserves

Complete pony
He wasn’t good enough for a relegated Fulham team so I don’t know what people were expecting.

Our brilliant scouting team isn’t so brilliant anymore. Properly congertoned.

I thought he looked shite at Fulham in the prem. Just ran about a bit and then not much else.

Still think the VAR call was tight and possibly incorrect.

“I saw that clip that everyone else saw,” Rodgers said. “In that image, the ball had already left Vardy's head and the distance between the ball and the head was the same distance that Lookman is offside.
“I think they showed the wrong picture. I saw an image where Vards is making contact with it and Ade is offside.
“They got it right. It's tough to take when it’s so tight.”

Two upfront Daka and Vardy would have done nicely imo. Great goal from Barnes but he offered nothing much else, I take it his job is not to track back and wait for the counter attack?

Why does he not have Vardy on the halfway line when are defending corners? It means the opposition need to keep two back just deal with him, if he is going to continue with a zonal defence then placing someone with pace on the edge of our 18 yard box will help us, it de clutters the area and helps link up if we counter, provided schmiecal can bothered that is oh and keep the ball on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566