Post Match Leeds 1 Leicester 1

If Nacho has torn his groin then he’ll be done for the season. Smith said he’s injured post match and was worried about it…

Barnes and Tete were just awful and Smith made the right changes but far too late.

Daka did more in his 15 minutes than Barnes did the whole time he was on. What a shyster!

Yep I said as soon as he came off he is probably done for the season now.

They way he pulled up didn't look like a pull/strain of the muscle, unfortunately looked a lot worse and possibly a tear.

Barnes and Tete were just awful and Smith made the right changes but far too late.

Daka did more in his 15 minutes than Barnes did the whole time he was on. What a shyster!
Clearly not fully fit tonight.

He's second top scorer and scored in his last 6 against Leeds, he had to start.

I'm frustrated with Barnes - but think he still needs to start. Our top scorer and is capable of match winning goals.

I feel the same about Tielemans.

not the result we wanted, not the worst possible.

Meh.

Beat Everton, get above Leeds. They are shit enough that they may not get another win this season.

Crikey there really are too many
negative crap comments on here. Some of you stop whinging, we are 4th from bottom playing away to a team above us who are fighting hard. We don't have a god given right to win. The City team I saw ALL worked hard and gave it everything, for example Kristiansen that guys gives everything. Some players were very good, Iverson, Soyunchu, Maddison, Vardy, Daka. Plus please give the 3 amigo coaches a bit of credit, in three games they have given me more belief than I have had all season under the previous person who will not be named.

I
We didn't look like a side that thought that they were in deep shit until very late on. Leeds didn't look like a side that were a nervous wreck until too late too. It was a fair result.

If we beat Everton on Monday, this is a good point. If we don't, this is a bad night.

I maintain that I have zero faith in this group of players and coaches. How we've found ourselves in this situation is beyond belief.

Entertaining game in the end. Thought we were the better team but just weren't all that threatening until the final 20 minutes or so.

Iversen good - maybe could have done a bit more for their goal but made some great stops and generally distibuted well. He stays number one now.
Soyuncu looked great yet again. If he had been in the team all season, we'd be safe by now.
Faes looked OK, but his tendancy to go on mazey runs often leave us exposed.
Kristensen is the epitome of naive. I love his effort and commitment but needs more time.
Castagne solid as per usual but less invovled than I had hped he would be.
Maddison was slick and dangerous but also way too emotional. Would prefer he doesn't get invovled with or react to the crowd but just get on with his business.
Tielemans pretty bang average, probably below average. Shame his thunderbastard was ruled out for offside.
Soumare was OK. He got out of some tight situations well and made some good tackles. Marked improvement in the last two games and I think he'll keep his place in the side.
Barnes needs to practice shooting. Very quiet but when presented with a big opportunity, missing the target is unforgivable.
Tete pretty much played the invisible man. When he did appear he didn't really do anything with the ball. His corners were poor (as were Maddison's for that matter), and generally he played with the confidence of a chocolate teapot.
Ihenacho good. Rarely lost the ball, held up play well, needed more support though (hence why we scored in the final 20 minites when support arrived. Injury is a concern. Hopefully Vardy can hit form at exactly the right time. To get that pass away to Maddison whilst being injured was bordering on heroic. If that's his last contribution this season then it will be a shame.
Vardy typically Vardy. Always a threat, took his goal brilliantly (have a few sessions with Barnes please Jamie!) and was a massive pain in the arse for Leeds. One complaint is that he strayed offside way too many times which gave them a break when our foot was well and truly on their throat.
Daka typically Daka, which ain't great I'm afraid. Really not sure it's worth persisting with him. Hopefully he'll come good but I just don't see it happening.
Praet was alright, didn't really do much. Possibly a bit too negative based on the situation of the game when he arrived.

Other point:

Corners: Why do pretty much every other team in the Premier League seem to be so much more dangerous with corners than us? I'll tell you why - because they drop them in deep and put a couple of big units at the back post. Everton are the masters of this at the moment, Leeds not far off. Back in the day, when we got a corner the crowd would rightly swell and we'd nod a few in. Nowadays, I feel pretty much nothing when we get a corner - perhaps even disappointment. Our corners are absolute shit house and have been for way way too long. I would rather we just did a short corner and got on with play as looping a dolly in to the keeper time and time again is the pits.

Or Perez, or Albrighton
The same Albrighton who is currently not performing great in the Championship? The same Perez who was public enemy number one with a lot of fans (not Pop obviously as Soumare and Daka exist).

My point is that neither of those were the answer either. Personally I wasn’t as anti-Perez as others. But if he was playing now the club would be getting pelters on here for not having replaced him in January. The signing of Tete and the loaning of Albrighton and Perez made sense at the time.

I would like to see Praet play on the right against Everton. Especially if Nacho isn’t fit which seems likely. I disagree that he wouldn’t give us enough going forward.

The same Albrighton who is currently not performing great in the Championship? The same Perez who was public enemy number one with a lot of fans (not Pop obviously as Soumare and Daka exist).

My point is that neither of those were the answer either. Personally I wasn’t as anti-Perez as others. But if he was playing now the club would be getting pelters on here for not having replaced him in January. The signing of Tete and the loaning of Albrighton and Perez made sense at the time.

I would like to see Praet play on the right against Everton. Especially if Nacho isn’t fit which seems likely. I disagree that he wouldn’t give us enough going forward.
Signing Tete made sense. Letting both Albrighton and Perez go was stupid.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563