Leeds accept Schmeichel offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Mirror create a rumour about Schmeichel

If we can agree terms I think this is a fantastic deal. Only 24 and already established in this league and has some premier league experience. Commands the back four extremely well also.

Commands the back four extremely well also.

Something our defence has missed for some time now.

Medical etc tomorrow

Must admit I'm quite pleased with this, not that I wouldn't be happy if we did sign the 38yr old Egyptian instead of course...

Big, commanding, international, young, experienced, good shot stopper, dad's a legend etc.

Give Sven time, and they will come.

Don't think this is much of a gamble for Sven, since he worked with him both at Man City and at Notts County, so should know his game reasonably well.

Must admit I'm quite pleased with this, not that I wouldn't be happy if we did sign the 38yr old Egyptian instead of course...

Big, commanding, international, young, experienced, good shot stopper, dad's a legend etc.

Give Sven time, and they will come.

I was worried Sven would go the big past it names. Glad we are going for the likes of Kasper, Maynard, Nugent etc. None of them over 25.

Leeds wanted to cash in as only a year left on his contract and he showed no signs of signing an extension

I was worried Sven would go the big past it names. Glad we are going for the likes of Kasper, Maynard, Nugent etc. None of them over 25.

That's because he's using Superscouts shopping list....

oooh

interesting

probably liked working with Sven again

comments from Leeds forums:-

FFS.
One of the better keepers if not the best keeper out of this league...
love to know what they are playing at...
Fu88ing joke this club. so much for ambition

£1million is a good price for him so I wouldn't be surprised if one or two others try to match our bid.

Big

Don't think so. Weale's not the tallest 'keeper by any means, and young Kasper is shorter than him according to Wiki.

Nugent is 26 but I know what you mean, refreshing to be linked with player in their prime or very good prospects for the future rather than those looking for a final paycheck as they wind down

Last edited:

Leeds wanted to cash in as only a year left on his contract and he showed no signs of signing an extension

Yes, but still surprised they have agreed to sell him to one of their biggest rivals in the race to get promotion.

I don't think they necessarily had a lot of choice in the matter if he couldn't agree a new deal. As far as we are concerned I think Schmeichel is better than what we've currently got, if the figure is around a £1m it's a good buy.

Are they planning on playing him in goal? :icon_lol: Who's their backup keeper at the minute? Surely a keeper should be a big priority for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566