Leeds Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lako42 said:
Just got back from todays game. I am absolutley overjoyed with the effort that this team is now showing. tough challenges, shots on goal, everything you would associate with a successful team. joey was back to his best after a few mediocre games, stearman was as solid as a rock, again the strikers worked their arses off. the character shown by every man on the pitch today was nothing short of MON standards. Paddy mac was unlucky to get a straight red as it was hustle and bustle but it is certainly obvious that the guy has a place in his heart for this club.
finally i want to say congratulations to the fans who were nothing short of fantastic, leeds brought 3000 fans and we sang them out og the game for 90 mins, well done guys for atleast trying to make the amount of players on each side even, (despite those CHEATING Leeds scum having the officials)

was actually offended by the standard of refereeing in theis game. nothing short of shocking.
but again a big well done to kelly's heroes and to our fans. :) :) :) :)
totally agree ;)

Outstanding performance from the team. When Paddy was sent off, like Brauny Blue, I thought we were fecked against another team of big cheating bastards. Referee didn't have a clue. Showed the red card to Kisnorbo for feck's sake! Linesman did not have a clue either. He was 10 yards away and looking at O'Grady as he was pulled by two Leeds players in the box; signalled nothing!

If McCarthy was at fault then discipline still needs to be sorted. Always better to let them score than risk getting sent off, particularly as Henderson was coming out fast. Tiatto played well and restrained as he has missed 9 games.

Last edited:
Not long been home, excellent performance. Better than Derby IMO. We battled hard and you wouldn't have known we were a man down. Stearman was brilliant, he did well at the back and was effective moving forward as well. Tiatto was brilliant as well, thoroughly deserved his standing ovation from the kop as he was subbed. If he continues playing like this I can see Rob Kelly handing him a new contract. Fryatt was quiet today, but Hume was his usual tricky self. Joey and Hughes battled hard in the middle of the park, and Kisnorbo was a rock again at the back. With these players, I think the future looks bright for the club. Rob Kelly's blue and white army.

p.s. The fans were excellent, 90 minutes of singing in the kop.

lako42 said:
Just got back from todays game. I am absolutley overjoyed with the effort that this team is now showing. tough challenges, shots on goal, everything you would associate with a successful team. joey was back to his best after a few mediocre games, stearman was as solid as a rock, again the strikers worked their arses off. the character shown by every man on the pitch today was nothing short of MON standards. Paddy mac was unlucky to get a straight red as it was hustle and bustle but it is certainly obvious that the guy has a place in his heart for this club.

finally i want to say congratulations to the fans who were nothing short of fantastic, leeds brought 3000 fans and we sang them out og the game for 90 mins, well done guys for atleast trying to make the amount of players on each side even, (despite those CHEATING Leeds scum having the officials)

was actually offended by the standard of refereeing in theis game. nothing short of shocking.

but again a big well done to kelly's heroes and to our fans. :) :) :) :)

i'm welling up here with pride

Last edited:
DesertFox said:
Stats:

Leicester : Leeds

Goal Attempts 14 : 9 Goal Attempts
On Target 6 : 4 On Target
Crosses 11 : 11 Crosses
Corners 3 : 5 Corners
Offside - : 3 Offside
Fouls 7 : 16 Fouls
Free kicks 22 : 6 Free kicks
Yellow cards 1 : 2 Yellow cards
Red cards 1 : - Red cards
% Possession 39 : 61 Possession %

those goal attempts stats are quality given that we were a man down, but the possession stat probably shows the true story - that it was a great defensive effort.

And of course dirty Leeds out-fouled us, even without the ones the ref didn't see!

Our lads did us proud. Today's effort was massive, and not a single member of the squad let us down. It was brilliant, feisty, organised, skilful, and a pleasure to watch - apart from the dismal reffing.
Bring it on! :)

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Not long been home, excellent performance. Better than Derby IMO. We battled hard and you wouldn't have known we were a man down. Stearman was brilliant, he did well at the back and was effective moving forward as well. Tiatto was brilliant as well, thoroughly deserved his standing ovation from the kop as he was subbed. If he continues playing like this I can see Rob Kelly handing him a new contract. Fryatt was quiet today, but Hume was his usual tricky self. Joey and Hughes battled hard in the middle of the park, and Kisnorbo was a rock again at the back. With these players, I think the future looks bright for the club. Rob Kelly's blue and white army.

p.s. The fans were excellent, 90 minutes of singing in the kop.
Agree with this post but would add that every leicester player on the pitch gave 110% including Fryatt.
I took my Leeds (scum) mate to the game and he couldn't believe how much we dominated only playing with 10 men he even thought we should have got 3 points. I thought Joey & Hughsie were back to their best.:icon_bigg

did anyone else notice the referee trying to send kisnorbo off instead of paddy? the linesman didnt see it despite being slightly near where the offence was but the referee thought he saw it but wasnt sure which player...........is it just me that thinks they dont really look alike?

Now I have seen the Championship, it is clear it was a penalty but how the referee could say MCarthy was the last man is a mystery to me. Surely that could only be the reason why McCarthy would have been sent off. :102: :102: :102:

Steven said:
Now I have seen the Championship, it is clear it was a penalty but how the referee could say MCarthy was the last man is a mystery to me. Surely that could only be the reason why McCarthy would have been sent off. :102: :102: :102:

Up bright and early Steven...:icon_eek: after last nights late session I missed the highlights

Steven said:

There's nothing in the laws of the game about someone having to be the 'last man', that's a myth that's perpetuated by the media and people in the game who ought to know better. It's whether the foul denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.

If the Leeds player was about to shoot (which was the impression I had yesterday - but I've not seen it on TV), the ref may well have decided it was a clear chance, and the red card would be justified.

ffs, Paul Rowan, writing the report in the Times today, refers to our right back, Deerman, twice.....:mad:

Lazy fecking journos....

Last edited:
MKFox said:
ffs, Paul Rowan, wrinting the report in the Times today, refers to our right back, Deerman, twice.....:mad:

Lazy fecking journos....

things like that really annoy me not just the idiots who write the stuff but people on the radio who gets things wrong or mispronounce peoples names :icon_evil ...........im obviously expecting too much :icon_roll

Steven said:

This is exactly how I saw it after watching the championship (which in a sub note is a shite program).

webmaster said:
There's nothing in the laws of the game about someone having to be the 'last man', that's a myth that's perpetuated by the media and people in the game who ought to know better. It's whether the foul denied a clear goalscoring opportunity.

If the Leeds player was about to shoot (which was the impression I had yesterday - but I've not seen it on TV), the ref may well have decided it was a clear chance, and the red card would be justified.

I don't think it did. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670